Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for LHR - DUB ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Miles for LHR - DUB ?

Sorry , possible dense question but how many miles for LHR - DUB rtn in C ?

2400 ? or 3200 ?

I guess it depends if they view it as the UK ??

Just trying to decide what FF scheme to dump it in

Cheers

Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Blue
I couldn't find anything in "ask Diamond Club" on this topic. I suppose that, as DUB is outwith the UK, the answer should be 3,200 miles plus loyalty bonus. Glad to see you've at last made it to C
Old Oct 20, 2003, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Courtesy of an Irish bank holiday I didn't anticipate , my beloved D class is all sold out
Old Oct 20, 2003, 3:59 pm

Hi
You'll get 3200 for DUB...
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:48 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Absolutely - Ireland is outside the UK

As an international flight of less than 800 miles, you earn the minimum 800 geographical miles. So, in D you will get 800 x 2 x 2 = 3200, plus if you are BD silver or Gold an additional 25% on the 800 geographical/minimum miles.

This gives a grand total of 3600 spending miles and 3200 glory miles

Edited to correct the mileage calculations

[This message has been edited by GoldCircle (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldCircle:
Absolutely - ireland is outside the UK </font>
Funny, GoldCircle, I thought for the purposes of double miles *A surveys that are only available to residents of the UK, you were hoping that Dublin was a domestic destination
Old Oct 21, 2003, 6:46 am

I think there may be a flaw on the 25% bonus calculation. The bonus I think is only paid on the base earings. So for a Dublin trip 800*2= 1600. The bonus @25% 400 bonus miles. I personally think its a bit sneaky the way they have done this as I was under the same impression that it would be paid on total miles earned.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:56 am

I'm with London1 on the loyalty bonus calculations and his opinion that the way the calculate it on base miles is a tad naughty.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Hence my dithering over which FF scheme to use :

LH M&M would give me 5K miles as a Silver in their scheme : 2K each way regardless of distance plus 25% loyalty bonus on miles AND status ( their redemption levels are higher but still )

As I'm renewing my BD*G at the mo and it's more miles than a domestic , I will dump it in DC but as soon as I get 38K it's back to LH to try and get SEN......
Old Oct 21, 2003, 3:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kt74:
Funny, GoldCircle, I thought for the purposes of double miles *A surveys that are only available to residents of the UK, you were hoping that Dublin was a domestic destination </font>
I believe the survey is open to those in Japan and the US also, but, er, yes, KT74 you got me there... I shall learn humility one of these days...

I corrected my mileage calculations above on the 25% bonus. It is of course calculated on the geographical/minimum base miles. This is dreadful if travelling in C; then again, if you have a T or N class web only ticket, well, you've just doubled your mileage on DUB-LHR.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for replies - 1600 miles posted for the outbound sector already.

And at least I wasn't flying Aer Lingus.....
Old Oct 26, 2003, 5:41 pm

Amen to that - those days are but a dark and distant memory noe that I have seen the *light.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.