Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Place for MP # when you book BMI online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:42 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB

I am flying SFO- LHR on UAL and am booking a LHR- MAD leg on BMI as it's way cheaper. Will there be a space on the BMI Site (I haven't booked yet) to enter my MP Number? Or will I be able to call them w/ the info? It's only 250 miles but miles is miles..

thanks
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
No space is provided on the website for a UA number (there is a FF Number field but it only seems to accept BD numbers).

I've never had a problem getting UA miles from BD flights though. Either call BD on their 1-800 788 0555 reservations number in the US, or call them in the UK, or simply show your card when you check in (they'll even add the number in the lounge or at the gate).

As with Lufthansa, you won't get advance seat assignments if travelling in economy/coach.

[This message has been edited by House (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call BD in the U.S. That being said, it's not guaranteed to print out on the BP so tell them again at check-in. BD is a bit on the competent side in that way.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Keep the boarding cards AND get an e-ticket reciept as well... If the miles don't post UA has a fit if they can't get the ticket number from you when you call to ask for a re-post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.