Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

One-way reward flights now available

Old Aug 2, 02, 8:55 am
Original Poster

I was told today by diamond club that they have introduced one-way reward flights at half the number of points of the return trip.
Old Jun 20, 03, 2:50 am
Original Member

Are one-way awards still available under the new scheme?
Old Jun 20, 03, 4:35 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Yes, they are - I've just booked three one-way trips with United through BMI DC. (for three seperate passengers). It's half the miles, or half the miles + half the money (in the case of M+M fares).
Old Jun 23, 03, 8:27 am

Useful Tip / Trick

I recently flew to Thailand in Business with My Girlfriend in Business

She didn't have enough miles in her account for her ticket so we booked her a single out on her miles and a single back on my miles.

We then booked a return for myself from my miles.

Can be useful if you have an account with only enough miles for "half" a flight !!

Old Jun 23, 03, 9:49 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Cool! Now, if I only had accrued miles in the Diamond club. I fancy a transatlantic cruise but need a oneway flight back to Germany. I am willing to compensate you with almost anything you like - e.g. a one week stay in our apartment in Switzerland, etc.

please e-mail me, if interested in a deal!

Old Jun 23, 03, 10:14 am

KLM also allows one way redemption.

Stephen
Old Jul 1, 03, 12:06 am

Well, I just tried to book a BMI one-way award through United and was told it's not possible. I even called back and was verified with some supervisor that one-way award is not available. How did you folks book the trip?
Old Jul 1, 03, 1:31 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
My rewards (one way) are flying with UA, but booked through BMI DC. When you call BMI, ask to speak to the "Partner Desk". I've got the tickets in my hand right now, so I'm more than certain it's possible! 15,000 miles each way. (You can even do one way Miles + Money @ 1/2 miles and 1/2 money)
Old Jul 1, 03, 2:54 am

My one ways were with LH and TG booked with no problems as was an accompanying return, out with LH and back with TG !
Old Jul 1, 03, 10:31 pm

Sounds like though...it's available only through BMI (to redeem BMI miles) on other *alliance airlines? What I am looking for is...to book BMI one-way award through other *alliance airlines. Any success case?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: