Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 9:15 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Could be worth posting this on the UA board. Those guys will have more experience in getting seats released.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tall Bloke:
When I flew trans-atlantic and beyond on United, I couldn't get the seats allocated at the time of booking. Couldn't even get the United System to take my BD number (let alone recognise it as *G).

Spoke to United Ticket Desk at LHR who re-allocated me seats in E+
</font>
The United website now lets you enter other *A frequent flyer numbers in reservations, but often doesn't recognise *G status. I find I usually have to phone UA at LHR - never normally a problem.

Old Jun 23, 2003, 9:55 pm

Location: I have resided many places, but only ever lived in San Francisco.
Programs: UA, AA
I logged into ual.com and came across the following E+ seats open on your flight:
8 D E
9 A B C D E F
11 & 12 D E F
13 - 16 A B C D E F

I would recommend just phoning up reservations, tell them your bmi status and specifically request one of the above seats (8D and 9F are probably the two best seats on the plane in economy, but be warned that during boarding everyone files past you from the door located right by 9A).

As an additional note, the 757s are comfortable, but hardly the best plane in the UA fleet... if possible, you may be slightly more comfortable aboard one of the Airbus, 747 or 767 flights operating that day.

Safe travels!
Old Jun 24, 2003, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the response! I have now managed to secure 11A further to numerous phone calls. Basically I had to wait until I was able to speak to an agent who could be bothered to ask the UA helpdesk to assign the seat to me. The issue was the fact that I am using miles and that Apollo chooses to ignore any FF cards on award bookings! Would have much preferred to fly on the 1500 763 but no seats available :-( They said they would not preassign Exit row seats as I did try to get 9A! Thanks for your help anyway...very much looking forward to this trip!
dcGs
Old Jun 26, 2003, 3:46 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Interestingly, while ual.com shows seats avaiable, www.seatmap.com for eg shows E+ as full by default.</font>
As seatmap.com does not have your FF number, it will show the whole E+ section blocked off. Where as united.com has your FF number and recognises your *S/G number and allows you to see the seats. If you don't have *S/*G you could always try an book a dummy full fare (Y/B fare bucket) ticket, as that get's you into E+ as well.

Also, even if you don't have *S/G it doesn't hurt to ask on day of departure. I even got my parents into E+ who were on cheapie tickets with no status by asking the agent to put in a seating request for specific seats in E+ - which worked!

[This message has been edited by LHR Tim (edited 06-26-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.