Search

Carry on bags

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Carry on bags

How "strict" is BD going to be with carryon as a connecting passenger at LHR, from UA F to BD C? (A standard 22" roller...) I know that if I was checking in, they'd probably weigh and pull it. Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 3:24 pm

I've never had a real issue with this type of thing on bmi but I have seen it happen. They can be very inconsistent. I think that transiting from F onto C will help a bit, and *G status cannot harm if you have it.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Depends on the plane and the load. If it's an Airbus and it's empty, you'll be fine. If it's a Fokker and it's full, I've seen them confiscate rollerbags at the gate several times in the past couple of months, particularly out of LHR (... and rightly so IMHO - rollerbag owners who hog overhead bins on full flights are selfish b*ggers)

C class and *G won't help you at peak times when the first 10 rows of a F100 are C and it's fully booked (eg last Thursday night out of CDG)

Check aircraft types and approximate loads in advance here
Old Jun 24, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
I saw two US PAX being told to check some large/heavy carryons at LHR yesterday getting onto an Airbus bound for GLA.

They seem to be very strict at the gate at LHR but have never questioned my carryon at check-in. But vice versa at EDI/GLA.

BC
Old Jun 25, 2003, 7:55 am

My Hand luggage was weighed at check in at LHR yesterday night despite being on a half empty Airbus to BRU. Problem with the Fokker aparently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.