Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 7:52 am

Anyone put any thoughts into the best BD milage runs are with the new fare structure

Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Interesting question. The simple bit, I suppose, is that with the changes, the best BD mileage runs are going to be similar to the mileage runs on the other * carriers (eg UA). The trick will be in getting to the starting point...
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:09 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Due to my current employement status (I'm not working) I haven't made a single flight on bmi this year. Although I still have around 8 months of my year to run I doubt very much I will get the necessary points to renew without a big mileage run. Given that my current income is £54.10 per week, I can't see that happening!

If you are Gold with BA they will downgrade you from Gold to Silver even if you do not reach the Silver threshold for a year. Do bmi do the same or am I likely to find myself a lowly Blue member this time next year?
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Gaza, nooooo! Blue? Something must be done.
Let's all post the cheapest flights we can find. Calculation must include taxes.

eg Travelocity is showing LHR - SFO (10700 miles RT) in Nov / Dec for £151 + tax = £208.10 all in. 1.94p per mile.

Next?
Old Jun 23, 2003, 3:20 pm

Oh no Gaza !

This cannot happen - will look for flights immediately as if you miss qualifying for anything, you are back down to Blue !

I need one more BD C Class domestic return (actually only need 2,200 points) before end of July to keep Gold. Will need a mileage run to get it. Any ideas (ex GLA or maybe EDI) ???
Old Jun 23, 2003, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.travelocity.co.uk says you can go from the UK to YYZ for 362GBP. That's probably out of LHR -- 7092 miles at least.

I just got back from SFO and paid < 330GBP or so and should rack me up at least 12400 AC points. (If you route yourself correctly, you can probably gain more than 13000 BD points because of the 800 minimum.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.