free flight

Old Jun 17, 03, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
free flight

...when you apply online for the new bmi Classic MasterCard by 8 August 2003, make your first card purchase by 30 September 2003.

bmi credit card
click here to apply
Old Jun 17, 03, 6:47 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Wow!

When, oh, when will they introduce a credit card for those of us not resident in the UK?
Old Jun 17, 03, 7:20 am
Original Poster

and why, oh, why didn't they have an offer like this when they launched the card and I got mine!
Old Jun 17, 03, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
I just got this email as well. What a good deal...think I will apply for this.
Old Jun 17, 03, 8:28 am

I applied just a few days ago - wonder if I'll qualify!?! I guess I should because I could always just rip up the offer and apply again!
Old Jun 17, 03, 1:03 pm

What a great offer.

I was really annoyed with myself for missing out on the 4500 miles offer when the card launched.

It says the flight will be an award flight, so I guess it won't earn miles. Wonder if gold card members will be upgraded to business, as for normal reward redemptions?

Nick
Old Jun 17, 03, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Free flight when you apply online for the new bmi Classic MasterCard by 8 August 2003, make your first card purchase by 30 September 2003.</font>
Just had a thought, the promotion states "apply by 8 August" but says nothing about a start date for the promotion, so in theory I have applied by 8 August... Any chance then I could just say I didn't get my free flight credited?
Old Jun 17, 03, 4:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarAllianceGold:
Wonder if gold card members will be upgraded to business, as for normal reward redemptions?</font>
In all likelihood, yes, given that they're unlikely to create a new fare bucket for this award, so it'll just go through as a regular destinations miles award, and gold members get an automatic upgrade when booked under that bucket AFAIK...
Old Jun 18, 03, 4:09 pm

Have just spoken to DC re above...those of use who applied for and recieved the card before the free flightoffer, will be allocated the extra miles for a free flight...Hooray!
Old Jun 19, 03, 5:19 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I hope you all get your 'free flights' as I sure didn't get my 200 points when it was first announced.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: