Membership pack

Old May 13, 03, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Membership pack

Hi.

I'll make BMI Gold status on Thursday. How long will it be before I receive the gold membership card. I am travelling to the USA in 2 weeks and that * gold card would be really useful!

Thanks

TJ
Old May 13, 03, 6:44 am

I became gold over Easter and have received nothing. You can call BMI and get them to change your Diamond Club number on your booking (your Gold number will begin with a "1" rather than a "6" for silver) so it shows on your booking. They will also fax you out a letter confirming that you are now Gold if you need access to the lounges.

One problem is that you will have no Gold upgrade vouchers.

Stephen
Old May 13, 03, 7:18 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sjharte:
I became gold over Easter and have received nothing. </font>
Easter??? It's been getting on for a month and you still have no pack.

Dreadful! I hope you have complained.

TJ
Old May 13, 03, 1:09 pm

Phone them. Happened to her indoors when she moved from *S to *G. She phoned and they ordered a replacement card for her.

The second *G card (replacement) arrived the day before the pack and the original card. All told, about two weeks or so from the phone call.
Old May 14, 03, 2:15 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I wouldn't bother phoning them unless you need a faxed confirmation... everything is going slow... just log in, changing your DC number to begin with a one. Then just re-order a card online. Usually takes about 5 days.
Old May 14, 03, 4:39 am

What about the Gold Card upgrade vouchers?
Old May 29, 03, 4:38 pm

----------

Last edited by Fly Boy; Nov 17, 04 at 3:31 pm
Old May 30, 03, 12:37 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly Boy:
This is actually a very serious issue. I have been waiting well over a month for my new gold card. Fortunately I have not had any complications entering lounges abroad, but a delay of this magnitude is clearly unacceptable.</font>
I've been waiting well over six weeks for a silver card as part of my RoutePass. So long, in fact, that I'm now on my second RoutePass. Grrr.

BC
Old May 30, 03, 2:47 am

Watch out for the upgrade vouchers - they didn't come in my pack and apparently lots of packs have gone out without them. They are apparently sending me them out but I'm not holding my breath.

Stephen
Old May 30, 03, 3:37 am
Original Poster

3 weeks and still no pack or card.

Getting a teensy bit fed up. Every time I phone the DC line they fob me off by saying "it should be any day now". Grrrr.

TJ
Old May 30, 03, 4:20 am

Diamond Club customer service is appauling. Granted the people of the phones are friendly and polite and are trying to do their jobs as well as they can but te infrastructure behind them sets them up for failure.

Stephen
Old May 30, 03, 4:35 am

Programs: SMWS
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly Boy:
This is actually a very serious issue. I have been waiting well over a month for my new gold card. Fortunately I have not had any complications entering lounges abroad, but a delay of this magnitude is clearly unacceptable.</font>
I made the jump from Blue to Silver during the points/miles changeover. My silver pack arrived in the second week of May.

I'd ask for a replacement pack to be sent out immediately.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: