Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Regular C flyers - verdict on Bento boxes six months on?

Regular C flyers - verdict on Bento boxes six months on?

Old May 9, 03, 7:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
In some cases, wingnut, making several such journies in one day for no other purpose than to collect miles </font>
Hey - I'm not saying it's wrong to be environmentally irresponsible, just so long as one's consistently environmentally irresponsible...
Old May 9, 03, 10:50 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
I have not flown C since they announced these boxes but when I read the blurb they sent through to me I was reminded again of the need for a special term in the PR World. We need a word which signifies a PR attempt to portray a downgrade in service as an upgrade in service.
Old May 9, 03, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Or, to borrow a term from CO,

" enhanced!!..."

Regards

TBS
Old May 16, 03, 1:28 pm

I had to fly BA on Monday when the bmi flight was cancelled. It's given me a whole new appreciation of the bmi boxes.

On the BA flight we got a sandwich in a bag. Nothing else - no chocolate, no fruit, no nothing. There was only one round of drinks as well with no separate tea and coffee service.

It's quite nice to get proof that the grass isn't greener. Mind you the return flight on bmi wasn't exactly perfect either

Nick
Old May 20, 03, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
In fairness to BA the "Delibag" only appears off peak.

On early morning flights you get the hot breakfast and china mug, and on evening flights you get a cold meal - usually chicken or fish served with a salad - and a china mug. Not up to the standards of years ago - and probably not worth the price of a C ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: