Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

An obvious point about the new scheme

Old May 12, 03, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD DC, KL FB, HH

...which I have just emailed off to the nice people at Diamond Club:

1.5 times 600 is 900 (NOT 850) and 0.5 times 600 is 300 (NOT 250)!

I'm referring, of course, to an apparent discrepancy between the earning rules and the numbers quoted for domestic flights.

Also, just had some miles posted for UA internal flights in the US - 800 for PHX-DEN (i.e. the minimum) and 866 for DEN-ORD (mileage at a rate of 1.0). Simple enough.

Finally, as an experiment I priced up an imaginary EDI-LHR weekender for a couple of weeks out - at cheapest (and including all taxes etc), 114 as an LH codeshare (and presumably earning at 1.0), versus 97 from BMI direct (and earning at 0.5 or 0.25). Interesting choice.

[This message has been edited by grayst (edited 05-12-2003).]
Old May 19, 03, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD DC, KL FB, HH

Aha! the Mileage Calculator on the website has been rejigged to show 300 / 600 / 900 / 1200 miles for internal UK flights (depending on fare class).

The 250 and 850 have been superseded.

Has anyone had miles for UK flights posted since the changeover? I have had an ORD-MAN and LHR-EDI showing on my account with zero miles for over a week now.
Old May 19, 03, 7:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by grayst:

Has anyone had miles for UK flights posted since the changeover? I have had an ORD-MAN and LHR-EDI showing on my account with zero miles for over a week now.
</font>
Same for me, I spoke to the nice people at diamond club and they said that it should post the correct miles balance by the end of Tuesday (20th).

TJ

Old May 19, 03, 8:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by grayst:

</font>
Yep - 1st May rtn GLA - LHR posted by the time the website was back up and running. It has 1200 miles for each segment and they have been added to the total fine too. Just waiting for my 25% bonus now !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: