Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DANGER!! DANGER Will Robinson! My sensors detect a major programme change!

DANGER!! DANGER Will Robinson! My sensors detect a major programme change!

Old Apr 27, 03, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone thought of switching to AC? AC is better than UA for collecting points on BD for shorthaul: 500 miles per segment vs. 250 miles... That's the biggest reason why I've stuck with AC instead of switching to UA.

Plus... 18000 for *S and 35000 for *G.

But, one of the bigger downfalls is that there is no 25% bonus for anyone.

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 04-27-2003).]
Old Apr 28, 03, 12:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bond Boy:
My story comes from the check-in at EDI on an EDI - FRA flight with my wfie and kids. When the check in desk could not get me a seat with my wife and kids (flight was less than a third full) they sent us to the lounge to try. They spent over an hour trying this and about four people had a shot (something to do they admitted to me as it was dead quiet).

The upshot of it was (they agreed) that the system would not allocate a seat next to me as I was *G. This was because the rest of the plane was empty and the system would put other pax in these empty seats first. Seemed remotely plauisble at the time.
</font>
Bond Boy, your story relates to the LH flight EDI-FRA, AFAIK there is no BD operated flight on that route. The policy of leaving seats next to *G passengers empty if possible is an (unpublished, but well known)LH perk which until now I thought only applies to LH SEN only, but seems to work for *G as well, as you describe. Ground staff can override it when requested, but probably the BD lounge people didn't know how to trick the LH system (funny because BD's own res system is supplied by LH). I am almost sure that this perk doesn't exist on BD. I explicitly asked for it twice at BD check-in in BRU and EDI, and they said the system doesn't provide for it, but they liked the idea when I told them about this LH perk.
Old Apr 28, 03, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
This year, I'll earn about 400K miles in M&M most flying SQ in F and C. While M&M has a 1000 mile minimum for most *A carriers, it is only 500 miles for SQ. So, for SIN-CGK (550 miles) I earn 550*3*1.25=2063 miles for F instead of the usual 3750 for short haul F on other *A carriers.

How many miles would one get with the new bmi program on SQ SIN-CGK in F? It seems like it would be 800*3*1.25=3000 miles. 800 minimum times 3 for F class plus 25% for being *G. Is that right?
Old Apr 28, 03, 8:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The _Banking_Scot:
[B]hidden as a benefit of gold is a separate line saying;
-free upgrades on bmi operated flights.
</font>
I think this just means the four vouchers...
Old Apr 28, 03, 9:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
I think this just means the four vouchers...</font>
Actually since you mention it, I don't see any mention of the 4 upgrade vouchers unless I'm missing something. Have they been withdrawn as part of the "improvements"?

Actually, sarcasm aside, the changes benefit me. I've just been on Excel and under the new scheme I will get BD gold in 6 weeks time, rather than the 12 weeks it would have
taken me under the points system.

TJ
Old Apr 28, 03, 9:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TheJester:
Actually since you mention it, I don't see any mention of the 4 upgrade vouchers unless I'm missing something.</font>
Other than then mention on the bmi website linked to by TBS further up the page and quoted by me in the post above yours?

Mind you, I can't remember whether these were ever a "published" benefit or not.
Old Apr 28, 03, 9:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
[B] Other than then mention on the bmi website linked to by TBS further up the page and quoted by me in the post above yours?
[B]</font>
As you quoted it says "free upgrades on bmi operated flights", it does not specify if these upgrades are:

a) Upgrades given when buying flights with miles.
b) Upgrades on revenue fares by using 1 of the 4 vouchers.

I was making the point that I had not seen a reference to the 4 vouchers on the new website. TBS's link doesn't link to anything about vouchers, just the "free upgrades bit".

TJ
Old Apr 28, 03, 11:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zvezda:
This year, I'll earn about 400K miles in M&M most flying SQ in F and C. While M&M has a 1000 mile minimum for most *A carriers, it is only 500 miles for SQ. So, for SIN-CGK (550 miles) I earn 550*3*1.25=2063 miles for F instead of the usual 3750 for short haul F on other *A carriers.

How many miles would one get with the new bmi program on SQ SIN-CGK in F? It seems like it would be 800*3*1.25=3000 miles. 800 minimum times 3 for F class plus 25% for being *G. Is that right?
</font>
Yes, this matches my calculations too. You should get 3,000 destinations miles and 2,400 membership "miles" (or whatever they are called now)
Old Apr 28, 03, 12:16 pm

According to this link http://www.flybmi.com/miles/dcsectio...ls.aspx?p=1027 you only get 2x miles for F on SQ and 1.5x for C on SQ.
Old Apr 28, 03, 12:40 pm

How many miles would one earn ARN-CPH-MIL in business class? ARN-CPH is 332 miles and CPH-MIL is just over 700miles.

Have I understood it correctly if its 800 min which should be min 1600 miles in busines, correct?

1600*4=6400 miles for 189GBP, pretty good deal. No min stay either but you can only travel on saturdays.
Old Apr 28, 03, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
According to this link http://www.flybmi.com/miles/dcsectio...ls.aspx?p=1027 you only get 2x miles for F on SQ and 1.5x for C on SQ.</font>
I think you're right and Bond Boy and I were probably wrong. If so, then it's better to stay with Miles and More assuming that M&M miles and DC miles are equivalent in value (which is not necessarily a good assumption). I can't evaluate the DC miles yet because I can't find any info about which cities/countries are in which of the zones.
Old Apr 28, 03, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

My god!! A thread on the bmi board that goes into the third page!!

Will we reach 100 posts?

Regards
TBS

Old Apr 28, 03, 2:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The _Banking_Scot:
Hi,

My god!! A thread on the bmi board that goes into the third page!!

Will we reach 100 posts?

Regards
TBS

</font>

Well that's me on 300 posts so it would be nice to associate this with something that has to be something of a record for the bmi thread.

BTW, Hajoflyer - thanks for the link, my bad
Old Apr 28, 03, 5:12 pm

Doing some research into my Booze Run meets Mileage Run

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum16/HTML/000359.html

trip, I have noticed a load of flights ex LHR which bmi operate as codeshare, generally with LH.

The flights are cheap - 66 rtn LHR to STR and 75 rtn LHR to PRG to name but two.

The same prices are available for the BD ticket as for the LH ticket and both are ticketed in T. This mean 25% miles if you have the BD ticket and 100% miles if you buy the LH ticket.

Remind me, why would we buy the BD ticket...?

[This message has been edited by Bond Boy (edited 04-28-2003).]
Old May 6, 03, 5:34 am

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Anyone know if one-way awards on *A will be available? I need to get back from JNB to EDI at the end of a RTW trip so it would be useful. Can't find any information on the bmi site.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: