Wiki Posts
Search

HiltonStays

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
HiltonStays

The new programme seems to offer 1000 miles per night in Hilton properties.

I notice, having logged on to www.hhonors.com that all my recent stays have been converted to miles in the last few days, based on the number of nights, rather that on the number of fivers spent according to the folio.

I had a large number of very cheap nights recently and this has worked to my advantage, but if I'd been paying £250 per night, added room service, a movie and a trip to the gym, I'd be pretty hacked off with the diminuition in value.

So this suits the traveller staying on cheaper room rates, with little or no budget.
Old May 3, 2003, 3:33 pm

I think the hotel rates are the best thing about the new programme. I use Hiltons a lot, but typically only spend £75 per night.

Before I would usually earn 11 points per night; now it's 1000 miles. Also, there's no longer any incentive to eat in the hotel.

I was wondering whether staying in Hampton Inns would now pay for itself. Sort of like a mileage run without going anywhere.

Another thought: do you think they will introduce a HH points to BD miles transfer?
Old May 3, 2003, 4:02 pm

Is it 1000 miles for Scandic Hotels as well?
Old May 7, 2003, 7:24 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Cited from http://www.flybmi.com/diamondclub/en...ome.aspx?p=236 :
1000 destinations miles will be earned per night when staying at a partner hotel, this includes participating Hilton HHonors® hotels, including Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn® and Homewood Suites® by Hilton hotels.
</font>

It looks like a no, then, doesn't it?
Old May 7, 2003, 7:36 am

Excellent news that we get the same number of points for the cheapy Hilton brands, though... I'm sure we used to get fewer points for HGIs (UA certainly gives you fewer).
Old May 7, 2003, 7:38 am

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Knowing the state of the DC website at the moment, I think they've possibly forgotten to add Scandic to the list, as HHonors states that they will give miles for staying (even though it still says the old points system)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
To earn miles for your stays, just stay at an HHonors hotel and pay an eligible rate. Present your airline program account number for one of our airline partner's frequent flyer programs at time of reservation, and at check-in. Only HHonors lets you earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay.
</font>
As the points are credited through HHonors, I guess you will get mileage from Scandic.
Old May 8, 2003, 2:18 am

The site has now changed to read:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Hilton Hotels (at all participating Hilton Honors Hotels)</font>
Guess thats the lurker again...
Old May 13, 2003, 2:56 am

Just looked in the new guide and it states that 'A maximum of 3000 miles per stay applies'...

But it seems that this only applies to Hilton stays as its not mentioned for the other partners.
Old May 13, 2003, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Great minds think alike, barella! I had just figured this one out and was coming to warn everyone.

I have three stays of four nights each which are now listing at 3000 miles each on the Hilton Honors site.

Wow, am I annoyed - I feel like I've just been duped out of 3000 miles (that's 100 points guys!) but at least I've finally made status with Hilton for the first time

[This message has been edited by GoldCircle (edited 05-13-2003).]
Old May 13, 2003, 4:14 am

I guess there will be the temptation to swap Hiltons (if there is more than one in a city) after night 3.

Stephen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.