Swapping BA Miles into BMI Miles

Old Apr 8, 2003, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Swapping BA Miles into BMI Miles

Has anyone swapped their BA miles for BMI miles and if so how do they go about this? Do you also get membership points for doing this to move from Silver to Gold?
Old Apr 8, 2003, 10:42 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Welcome to FT Happy Hornet. I' am 99.9999% certin that there is no way to transfer BA Miles to Diamond Club Points. There is absolutley no commercial incentive for either BA or BD to do this. bmi do offer to comp status in DC from BA. I got Silver this way in December 2000.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 6:05 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
BA Miles to BD points ? Are you joking ?
Old Apr 9, 2003, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Agree.

Totally impossible.

Use them to upgrade your next flight!
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:05 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Do BD comp status as a general principle? Am worried as some of my KL flights are being canned...
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stut:
Do BD comp status as a general principle? Am worried as some of my KL flights are being canned...</font>
Will comp when you have a competitor's status and will comp to that status. Careful how you word your phone call to the Diamond Club.

Just got my wife comp Gold (she was Silver already actually but had not flown them the past ten months)

Call 0845 608 7788 (gold line) for best chance
Old Apr 14, 2003, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA Silver to BD gold won't happen. silver to silver, gold to gold, Just fax the websites application form together with a recent BA web statement and a copy of your gold card. But as always, please only do it if you really plan on flying them, it's not cheap to them and will really only benefit everyone if they make money off you in the end.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:05 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
OK - sounds positive. I'm sticking with KL for now, but if they keep cutting back... we'll see. When they say 'like for like' - does that mean Gold for Gold, even when your airline has a tier above that?

And yes, I would fly them if I did decide to move over and apply for a comp - my problems with KL are cancelled flights and eroding service - the FF scheme is very generous.

[This message has been edited by stut (edited 04-14-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.