LH Lounge access with silver card

Old Mar 19, 2003, 7:24 am
Original Poster

LH Lounge access with silver card

Hi. I am bmi diamond club silver.

If I'm flying Lufthansa on a BMI code share
flight (there is a BMI flight number on my ticket but it says "operated by lufthansa"),
will I be allowed in the Lufthansa lounges at Manchester / Munich.

Cheers

TJ
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:15 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Are there dedicated LH lounges at MAN? If there is, it is unlikely you can use them as it is normally restricted to *A Gold. You may be able to use he bmi lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:32 am

Check the bmi website. You can use the LH Business lounge in FRA on LH or bmi tix with a bmi*Silver, but not the Senator lounge. Accordingly, i think that LH allow bmi *Silver access but without a guest.

Having just spent 5 hours in the Senator lounge in FRA with my wife and two kids - it is absolutely nothing special...stick with the bmi lounge at MAN if you can.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
As long as your ticket has a BD code on it, and the flight is operated by LH, and it's between Germany and the UK, then the bmi lounge at MAN will let you in. LH and BD use the Globeground lounge (a contract lounge) for international flights, but they are usually pretty aware of the policy and let you in.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info guys, I will report back on my attempt to get into the lounge!

TJ
Old Mar 26, 2003, 4:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bond Boy:
it is absolutely nothing special...</font>
A little harsh, I think. While it is not as nicely decorated or as spacious as most bmi lounges, the food selection far exceeds that offered by bmi. And they have showers (not that that's likely to be relevant for short haul).
Old Mar 27, 2003, 5:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
A little harsh, I think. While it is not as nicely decorated or as spacious as most bmi lounges, the food selection far exceeds that offered by bmi. And they have showers (not that that's likely to be relevant for short haul).</font>
Dont get me wrong Wingnut, showers were great but I found that the refreshment selection was poor (especially compared to BA) and the newspapers and magazines were almost non-existant (and I was there from around 6am to about 10am). I thought that the decor was spartan but then that is just tastes and part of travelling is to sample different ones across the world!

Overall, for the Senator lounge, I thought that they would have tried harder, especially seeing the BA levels of competition. Still, it was infinitely better than the terminal
Old Mar 27, 2003, 4:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bond Boy:
the refreshment selection was poor (especially compared to BA)</font>
Ah, yes. In comparison with Terraces the food does seem fairly shoddy. I was comparing with BD's lounge food offering, which is frankly dreadful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.