Wiki Posts
Search

New LBA-LHR Rotation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
New LBA-LHR Rotation

Just noticed in the imetable a new rotation from leeds to heathrow which i cannot understand why they have chosen the times and aircraft. the new details are as follows

LBA-LHR
BD421 Depart 1955 Arr 2100

LHR-LBA
BD422 Depart 0650 Arr 0800

The aircraft is the emb145 didnt realise they flew into heathrow and also why is bmi mixing mainline and regional aircraft on a mainline service.

outward flight leaves 50 minutes after the bd419 at 1900 and return is maybee too early for conencting trafic.

can anyone shed any light on this rotation
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:20 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
This is probably a positioning flight for the new service to Copenhagen. This happened a while back with a F100 being used on LHR-EDI.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Some (limited) earlier discussion about this over on PPRuNe here. There must be a logical reason for this rotation but it is not obvious to me.

As Gaza said, possibly a positioning flight which will disappear again at the next timetable change.

I notice the BD66/BD67 rotations have also gone, which means the midmorning surplus of EDILHR capacity (0840, 0955, 1035) is eliminated but there is now nothing LHREDI in the early morning except 0635, 0835 and 1040 - leading to poor availability because the 0835 is full of overnight long haul transfer traffic from Terminal 3. Hey ho.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
having taken a close look at the timetables i would guess the plane is going onto CPH but on arrival back at LBA is it gonna sit on the ground for close to 4 hours?

I would have thought BMI would have been better picking up on the LGW route just dropped by BA or perhaps looking at a FRA routing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.