Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance - New Double Miles offer and free bonus points

Old Jan 27, 03, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Hi All

I received a flyer through the door this morning inviting me to participate in an online survey and in return to receive a free 50 bmi destination points and double destinations points on my next international flight.

The offer must be taken up by 30 April 2003 and the survey takes just under ten minutes to complete.

Interestingly, the survey asked some pertinent questions about reasons for switching to other airlines and views of their FF programmes. It also mooted the possibility of charging for annual airline lounge access, either per visit or on an annual fee basis.

Here is the link for the survey:

www.starsurvey.bp00.com

Have fun !

------------------
Bond Boy
Old Jan 27, 03, 3:29 am

Offer open only to specially selected residents of USA, UK, Japan.

Its either the free points or double points/miles on your next international flight.

Old Jan 27, 03, 5:25 am

Thanks, I used the link and took the survey even though I wasn't targeted and don't live in either US, UK or Japan. Half way through, I wasn't able to advance to the next survey page. When I tried to start over, the site said I had already completed the survey and would be credited with 1000 points once the survey period ended. At the end of the survey (which I didn't reach) did you have to opt for either the 1000 points or the double points?? I am flying BKK-CPH on TG in February but I am booked in H, so I guess there will be no double miles. As I wasn't targeted I will be pleasently surprised if I even receive the 1000 points but it's worth a try.

[This message has been edited by galaba (edited 01-27-2003).]

[This message has been edited by galaba (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 03, 5:58 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I wasn't targeted either, but completed it all the same. From my point of view, they missed out the NW/KLM partnership, which IMHO offers considerable benefits at the higher tier levels.....but then to be fair, my BMI points have enabled me to get my student son 'down under.'
Old Jan 27, 03, 7:56 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Offer open only to specially selected residents of USA, UK, Japan.

Its either the free points or double points/miles on your next international flight.

</font>
Yes - open to specific residents only - or so it says

My mailing actually states "you'll receive 50 destinations points and you'll also qualify to earn double points for you next International Star Alliance flight" which is handy as I am going to South Africa in two weeks time.

I also filled it in for my wife (not invited) and got a confirmation.....Let's see what actually happens !
Old Jan 27, 03, 8:01 am

"Flight bonus miles or points can be earned once only on the first international Star Alliance flight segment between February 1 - April 30, 2003. Flight bonus miles or points are valid on international Star Alliance flights only and excludes domestic flights operated by the Star Alliance airlines."

If fly ARN-CPH-EWR on SK during this time will I get double miles for the entire round trip or just ARN-CPH?

What if I "move" to UK,US and JPN...
Old Jan 27, 03, 9:15 am

Everytime I try I get this message

Please re-select the airline frequent flyer programme from which you received your survey invitation and re-enter your account number

I am choosing AC as my FF program.
Old Jan 27, 03, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did the same. I entered my AC number, hit continue, but never actually finished the survey and closed the window.

Now when I go back, it says it has been completed... Well, that was worth one minute of my time...
Old Jan 27, 03, 10:41 am

I'm guessing that as the only countries of residence listed are US, UK and Japan, the invites have only gone out through bmi, UA and All Nippon. Thus it knows you haven't been invited!
Old Jan 27, 03, 7:47 pm

To kempis:
Try leaving out the letters from your AC account #. At first it wouldn't accept my Eurobonus # but then I just left out the "EBB" and it worked fine.
Old Jan 28, 03, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
Worked fine with my LH Miles and More number, even though I got the invite from United! Very fiddly survey though, as it checks that all your answers cross-match in terms of the number of flights you took last year.
Old Jan 28, 03, 8:55 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I can't get it to work - no way, no how. Is this the same survey that some of us got on paper before Christmas, offering 50 points? I don't recall there being a double points offer with it though.

This is called the Silver Promotion - therefore is it only open to Silvers?

Actually, always wondered about bmi - do they change your membership no. when you change status? Could it be that you need to enter a status-ed membership number?
Old Jan 28, 03, 9:18 am

It's different from the bmi paper survey that went out last year (although covers some of the same ground and maybe being used to some of the same ends).

I don't know if I was invited or not (haven't seen my post for over a week) but it worked for me using a gold number.

Yes, they do change the numbers with different levels, but only the leading digit changes. IIRC blues get "0", silvers get "6" and golds get "1".
Old Jan 28, 03, 11:27 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Yes, they do change the numbers with different levels, but only the leading digit changes. IIRC blues get "0", silvers get "6" and golds get "1".</font>

Actually silvers get a "0" and golds a "1" (I am BDG and my wife BDS - but has just been promoted!)

Let's not split hairs though !
Old Jan 30, 03, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
"If fly ARN-CPH-EWR on SK during this time will I get double miles for the entire round trip or just ARN-CPH?"

Actually, this is quite important. I was invited to this promo by UA, so over the next few weeks I will post a flurry of LHR-CDGs to DC.

But how do I ensure that I then get double miles on FRA-CPT, instead of the connecting LHR-FRA? Any ideas? I can see a frightening tussle with a scary LH check-in agent brewing...

BTW, in case any of you DC guys are trying to double up on UA flights, apparently only H fares and above are valid.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: