Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi website survey very dull - skip it

Old Feb 10, 03, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Went to flybmi.com and got a pop-up survey. No points but a prize draw thing. Don't bother unless you're really bored. It's very dull and all about "do you like our website" with lots of ridiculous questions (many of which don't even apply to bmi)_.
Old Feb 10, 03, 1:35 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
An identical survey is doing the rounds at the BA website. Every single question was the same...

Why do they want our opinions now?
Old Feb 10, 03, 1:51 pm

Nodded off half way through doing mine

Still managed to struggle through and complete it, the only thought that kept me going was that I could tell them how poor I was finidng having to log in each time I wanted a new page of my membership up.
Old Feb 10, 03, 2:40 pm

Well I enjoyed the opportunity to geive feedback. I'm not a bmi customer but I did book a *A award on a couple of their flights.

The reason I went to the site was to check-out the equipment used and to find a seat map. I'll be on an A321 but for the life of me couldn't find a seat map.

American Airlines used the same survey company last year, IIRC. I like the fact that the survey is tailor-made based on my answers. Neat!
Old Feb 10, 03, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Latitudes:
I'll be on an A321 but for the life of me couldn't find a seat map. </font>
There's actually not an awful lot of point in a seat map as there is no allocation of seats in advance. The reason for this is the plane's configuration can vary and is not decided until 24 hours before the flight.

However, the rules of thumb for check in are that if you're in business you want A or C rather than D/E/F (there is no B), and if you're in economy the best two seats are A or C of the very front row of economy - everything else is much of a muchness. The exit row can be in economy or business, depending on the loads.

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 02-10-2003).]
Old Feb 10, 03, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
The exit row can be in economy or business, depending on the loads.</font>
The first I saw it, I was laughing hysterically -- you never see this in North America...

Are the seats literally 'snap on snap off' in ten seconds or something?
Old Feb 10, 03, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Are the seats literally 'snap on snap off' in ten seconds or something?</font>
No, they're inflatable. Takes only a couple of minutes with an air compressor.

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 02-10-2003).]
Old Feb 10, 03, 4:33 pm

Had an e-mail from the bmi website manager saying that seat maps were under development - perhaps only for transatlantic flights though.

On the Airbus A321 I prefer 9A - It has the extra space between the next seat and it's an exit row. Don't have it pre-allocated though - I want it

Nick

I'll have an A seat please Bob.
Old Feb 10, 03, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did I say seats? Whoops, I was thinking fabric... I guess those are inflatable too?
Old Feb 10, 03, 6:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
There's actually not an awful lot of point in a seat map as there is no allocation of seats in advance. The reason for this is the plane's configuration can vary and is not decided until 24 hours before the flight.

However, the rules of thumb for check in are that if you're in business you want A or C rather than D/E/F (there is no B), and if you're in economy the best two seats are A or C of the very front row of economy - everything else is much of a muchness. The exit row can be in economy or business, depending on the loads.
</font>
Thanks Wingnut. I assume A is a window and C is an aisle? Is D also an aisle? So is the configuration 2-3? I'm flying on an international F ticket so I think I'll be in the C cabin. How many seats can this vary by in business?
Old Feb 10, 03, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Latitudes:
I assume A is a window and C is an aisle? Is D also an aisle? So is the configuration 2-3? I'm flying on an international F ticket so I think I'll be in the C cabin. How many seats can this vary by in business?</font>
Configuration is 2-3. A/F are window; C/D are aisle. And F flies in C in only two classes of service.
Old Feb 11, 03, 2:26 am

Cheers YOWkid!
Old Feb 11, 03, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went to flybmi.com and got a pop-up survey.</font>
They have this exact same thing on AC...

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 02-11-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 03, 7:00 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarAllianceGold:
Don't have it pre-allocated though - I want it</font>
Are you a member of DC? If so, telephone check-in 24hrs before flight is as sure a way as any of pre-allocating!
Old Feb 11, 03, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, any clue on how long it takes to process DC applications?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: