New routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 5:02 am
Original Poster

New routes

Leeds-Copenhagen, daily. (Good)
Aberdeen-Norwich, 4 x daily. (Wierd)
Old Jan 24, 2003, 7:14 am

They've obviously got some big plan for Scotland - remember that Stornoway service they launched a few months back?

Why on earth Norwich though? Do you think there's a big demand for Alan Partridge tours from the people of Aberdeen?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Both Aberdeen and Norwich are bases for the oil and gas industry (gas fields off the East Anglian coast), so I guess they will get some (though not all that much) high paying business traffic from that. Otherwise it is totally odd.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 8:27 am

Well you learn something new every day. I never knew Norwich had an oil industry!
Old Jan 24, 2003, 8:46 am

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
does anyone know if SK will codeshare on the LBA-CPH service>?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:03 am

When will the LBA-CPH service start? My guess is that SK will codeshare on that one.

Will it only be one departure a day or several?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Well you learn something new every day. I never knew Norwich had an oil industry!</font>
It's really Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth - take a look at this list of oil and gas companies and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.eastcoastlive.co.uk/business/oil_gas.htm

There are even oil rig training centres down there! This looks increasingly astute the more I look at it.

Now that bmi regional is moving the maintenance base for the ERJ's to ABZ, we might even get a bit of a hub developing. Is there anywhere else the average Scottish oil executive is going to want to travel to?

Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
When will the LBA-CPH service start? My guess is that SK will codeshare on that one.

Will it only be one departure a day or several?
</font>
I would be surprised if they don't - I assume it will work in the same way as the EDI service.

Old Jan 24, 2003, 2:26 pm

I suppose the priority for SK will be to codeshare on the vital Norwhich - Abderdeen route?

:-)

Stephen
Old Jan 24, 2003, 5:05 pm

Codesharing could actually happen! Wideroe and Braathens (both SK subsidiaries) fly 737's and DH4's from SVG (Stavanger - another well known oil destination) and BGO (Bergen - ditto) up to four times a day to ABZ, all with SK codeshares.

So, you could get them all to connect on to Norwich, all on SK coded tickets! I'm sure all the Statoil staff will be delighted!

Now we need to establish a secondary motive - don't all these places have a significant fishing industry (for the time being at least)?

By the way, I see that T3/Eastern are already codesharing from their NWI hub...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.