BMI , LBA-LHR F100 Service

Old Jan 21, 03, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
BMI , LBA-LHR F100 Service

Just returned off my first BMI domestic flight this year and in my opinion BMI have slid further and further towards a low cost carrier.

In there wisdom the fokker 100 aircraft have returned to Leeds Bradford to service the Heathrow service, config is in a 2-3 basis with no difference in pitch or width between economy or business.

So the full fare is 113 plus taxes with the cheapest economy fare being 22 plus tax(w class) so guys BMI are askin you to pay an extra 91 extra to fly in the front cabin quite a big difference to get your funky bento box meal, remember seat pitch and width are exactly the same....

Comments welcomed on if the 91 is worth it!!
Old Jan 21, 03, 10:48 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Excuse me, but I have to take great exception to your comments on the food in bmi business class!

I've had some very nice "bento boxes" and other similar japaneese style meals, including a very nice box meal for Y400 of "who knows what?" while on the Shinkansen to Tokyo, and I feel that you do the genre a great disservice.

Calling the bmi meal a "bento box" is a grave insult to all these fine meals! It doesn't deserve such a designation, even "lunch box" is pushing the point a little far. It is an abomination, it is a horrific monstrisity of a meal, it is, in short "the lunch-pack of Notre Dame".

Many, many 's - OK?

"Missing, Presumed Fed" - Notice on the desk of the editor of the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, who stepped out to lunch 11 years earlier, and had yet to return.
Old Jan 21, 03, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
i refer to the meal as bento box as this is how it is described on the bmi web site!

i think u miss the point im trying to make, business class on the 737 was ok as you had wider seat however on the f100 now been used on the leed route the width and pitch are exactley the same and the price differential in MY OPINION is not worth it
Old Jan 22, 03, 2:43 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Sorry for my feeble attempt at humour!

I agree totally that GBP 113 each way for a seat on one of those little Fokkers is no laughing matter!

They (hopefully) used to do this at the weekend on the MAN-LHR route, i.e. substituting an F100 or F70 for the scheduled 737, and I was none too pleased when it happened! Smaller seats, tighter rows, miniscule luggage bins.

Given the new catering in C, plus things like this, you've got to ask if BD actually wants full-fare passengers any more, since we seem to be being penalised more and more for being silly enough to pay for C/D. I'm pretty sure BD still charge more for LBA-LHR than they do for MAN-LHR, presumably due to the lack of competition.

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Search this Thread
Search Engine: