Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How many Status/Destination points for this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2002, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Hi oh knowledgeable people,

I would like to know how many destination / status points I will receive for a trip I am taking this Saturday on UAL as I need to make an effort to keep my status with a *A airline via the diamond club.

The trip is as follows.

Sat 16 UAL 907 LHR-EWR
Sun 17 UAL 19 JFK-LAX
Fri 22 UAL 956 LAX-JFK
FRI 22 UAL 956 JFK-LHR

All of the above are in el-cheapo class on a el-cheapo fair of 286GBP. The outbound flights will be counted as two flights, but I am not sure about the return as it has one number but does stop at JFK, will this be one or two?

Thanks for any help that may come my way.

CT
Old Nov 11, 2002, 10:37 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CTEASDEL:

Fri 22 UAL 956 LAX-JFK
FRI 22 UAL 956 JFK-LHR

I am not sure about the return as it has one number but does stop at JFK, will this be one or two?
</font>
A good way of checking wether the segments are "married" is to see how many flight coupons (tix) you have. If you have two coupons (i.e. one for LAX-JFK and another for JFK-LHR) the segments are probably unmarried. If you have one coupon for LAX-LHR on UA956; then the segments are married.

A general rule of thumb for mileage accrual is that if the segments are married, the flight will be counted as a non-stop flight. If they aren't - expect to get credit for it as two separate flights. You can increase your chances if the segments are unmarried by checking in for LAX-JFK only (have bags checked through to LHR); and then go to a different counter to checkin for JFK-LHR.

Good luck!

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 11-11-2002).]
Old Nov 13, 2002, 6:08 am
Original Poster

I have found out the answer to my own question via the bmi phone line.

195 points for the UK-US leg and then only 30 points for an intenal flight. This seems a bit off as I would get the same points for a JFK-LAX as I would for say a NYC-IAD flight even though the time and distances are way different.

Old Nov 13, 2002, 6:26 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CTEASDEL:
I have found out the answer to my own question via the bmi phone line.

195 points for the UK-US leg and then only 30 points for an intenal flight. This seems a bit off as I would get the same points for a JFK-LAX as I would for say a NYC-IAD flight even though the time and distances are way different.

</font>
How about crediting JFK-LAX to UAL, and LHR-JFK to BD? As a 1P you'll get double base miles (about 16,000 miles for the JFK-LAX v.v.); plus 390 BD destination points.

Regards,
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.