Which airline FFP do I choose?

Old Feb 15, 2002, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Which airline FFP do I choose?

Can you help?

I work in the UK, fly solo on cheap economy 5 times / yr or more to Toronto and Vancouver usually on AC, then to USA, then to UK from USA or Canada. Each trip is less than 7 days and never over a weekend.

Given that I use AC for transatlantic flights, which FFP do I use to quickly become a silver and gold cardholder - Aeroplan, British Midland or United or another one?

All I want is to get upgrades from cheap economy (by using my miles) on the transatlantic flights to make them bearable. Is this possible if you suggest I don't use Aeroplan? I already have lounge access via life membership of the red carpet club.

I am a BA gold cardholder - who do you apply to get comp BD gold if that's the best solution re the above?

I look forward to your opinions or advice where I should direct this question - I've just also posted this on the United and Air Canada forums.

Jonathan Kane
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:15 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
BD do not offer mileage based upgrades, so that may effect your decision.

The only upgrades on BD are from Economy to Economy Plus when using points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.