Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club tier points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2001, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Diamond Club tier points

I'm a student working on a dissertation which includes a comparison of tier structures in airline schemes.

I'm trying to find out how many points are offered on which flights and hence how easy it is to move up the levels in the Diamond Club. The only way I can see of finding this information is by joining the club and receieving the litereature but as I am a student I can't afford purchase the ticket that enables me to join.

I was hoping someone would have this information (BA give it as a table in their Executive Club Guide), or know of somewhere else I could find it.

Any information would be of great help
Old Mar 9, 2001, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Hi there,

Hope some of this info will be useful to you. What I've included here is the number of points earned on all British Midland flights, and the tier levels. Points are also earned when flying on other Star Alliance airlines, and a few other partners. If you need these as well, please let me know and I can get that for you also.

These are in the following format:
Economy / D/S class / C class

Points earned on BD flights:
Domestic (UK): 10 / 30 / 30
To / from Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Ireland: 10 / 30 / 50
To / from Scandinavia, Spain, Portugal: 10 / 40 / 70
To / from USA: 195 / NA / 240

The above points are both membership (tier level) points and "destinations" points for earning free flights.

Tier levels:
100 points earned when submitting 2 full-fare tickets to join the programme.

Silver membership level when 600 points reached. Membership points then go back to zero.

Gold membership level when 1200 points reached. Points then go back to zero.

To renew silver / gold membership, 600 / 1200 points must be earned during the following 12 months.

Membership and destination points are also earned on all Star Alliance flights.

I hope I've explained this well enough, if you'd like info on the points earned on Star airlines flights, or about the points needed to redeem flights, please e-mail me and I'd be happy to help.

star_world

[This message has been edited by star_world (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old Mar 9, 2001, 1:40 pm
Original Member

Three mini corrections/additions: On BD flights to the USA, you can also earn 210 points for 'new economy', which is a sort of enhanced economy product between regular eco and business. You also get 210 points for full-fare economy (i.e. a Y ticket).

Also, I believe you need 500, rather than 600, points to qualify for silver.

In the category Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland should also be Paris.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 03-10-2001).]
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:57 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Elaine

Write to British Midland at

British Midland
Diamond Club
PO BOx 5050
Annesley
Nottigham
NG15 0DL

Explain about your project and ask for a membership pack. I'm and sure they will send you one.

Also checkout www.flybmi.co.uk as this has some additional info. Also on their website you can email so you can put the cost of the stamp to your next drink at the uni bar!

If you have no luck with bmi, drop me a note with your address at my email and I'll send you a spare copy I have of the member pack.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 9:36 am
Original Poster

I'd just like to thank everyone who gave me the above info. I wrote to BMI and they sent me a membership pack containing the remaining info I needed to know.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.