BD to pull out of Birmingham?

Old Mar 24, 01, 2:32 am
Original Poster

BD to pull out of Birmingham?

Now that BD have finally confirmed that after 19 years of trying they can't operate the Birmingam-Brussels route profitably, and they have decided to susspend the route effective tomorrow, does this indicate that BD will finally be giving up on Birmingam all together?

I think that between BD and LH, they have really screwed up their Birmingham operations.

The confusion over aircraft, wet leases, dry leases, code-shares etc etc since LH buyin to BD has left many passengers running for cover elsewhere.

My guess is that the only remaining flights, which are to Germany, will become proper LH flights and BD will dissapear from BHX.

Nick
Old Mar 24, 01, 5:08 am

This is odd.

Didn't they operate Birmingham - Brussels as a code share with SN? Does this mean that Birmingham no longer has a link with Brussels or does BA fly it?

BD have just started flying to Brussels from Edinburgh - we already have three flights a day on SN so I don't know why they think we need the competition. There are so many other new routes they could have opened.

Oh well.

Stephen
Old Mar 24, 01, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

No the BD flights were not a code-share with SN. BA do operate a service on this route.

Nick

Search this Thread