lounge access

Old May 23, 00, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
lounge access

I will be flying on British Midland next month...short haul in economy. Will I have any lounge access by being *Agold? I figure I won't...any guesses?

Dorian
Old May 23, 00, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
It's a bit of a mixed bag. I'm pretty sure that UA RCC members have been able to use BD lounges for some time, but I have never seen anything from AC.

As for * Gold, I think you're right, the start date isn't until later this summer. But hey, give it a whirl--you never know.
Old May 23, 00, 2:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
LH (having a 20% stake in British Midland) doesn't list any lounge possibilty (yet) in their May-2000 Lufthansa Lounge Directory.

sorry
Old May 26, 00, 6:55 am

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Dorian

British Midland have an agreement with Amex that allows Platinum Card holders access regardless of what class you are flying or even if you are flying with them.
Old May 29, 00, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
bI flew BD last week to Stuttgart and they were more than happy to give me access to the LH lounges in both airports when I showed my 1k/*A gold card.

As far as checkin at LHR was concerned they were as near as possible to *A that it made no difference.

The boarding cards either showed *G or UA PremEX.
Old May 29, 00, 9:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Do they have a lounge at CDG? Will be flying through there on June 23.
Old Jan 8, 01, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
What about access to the Virgin Atlantic Club Houses? Someone wrote that this is possible with Diamond Club?

------------------
Goldlust
[email protected]

Old Jan 12, 01, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Gold members can use the Virgin Clubhouse at LHR only, regardless of the class they are travelling in.
Old Jan 15, 01, 3:02 pm

Programs: Various
Are you sure about the Virgin Clubhouse access. As far as I knew, the only people who were allowed access to them were UK American Express Platinum & Centurion Card holders, Virgin FlyingClub Gold Members (Who could also take a guest) or paasengers actually travelling in Upper Class.

Surely theres a BD lounge at Heathrow, as I really doubt that they would open it up to other airlines. For sure, the clubhouses are not any part of Priority Pass or similar and I'm lad to see it as they would be spoilt otherwise.

Thanks,
Rich
Old Jan 15, 01, 5:23 pm
Original Member

BD Gold gets you 'Access to Virgin clubhouse at LHR T3 when travelling with Virgin Atlantic'. That's hardly a dilution as it is fairly tough to get BD gold.
Old Jan 15, 01, 5:26 pm
Original Member

Interestingly, I also now notice that any level of BD membership gets you access to 'UA red carpet club when travelling with UA'. Isn't that a huge (and underpublicised) benefit of Diamond Club membership, given that even blue (entry level) qualifies? Has anyone ever used that perk? Is it only at LHR, or also in the US? (the BD guide doesn't seem to say).

(source - Diamond Club Membership Benefits, 01/07/99).

[This message has been edited by james (edited 01-15-2001).]
Old Jan 16, 01, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I phoned BD about that a few months ago, before they joined *A. I had a silver card at the time, and they confirmed that I could use any Red Carpet Club lounge. However, I tried to use the lounge at ORD and was denied access, as they had never seen a BD card, nor was it anywhere on their "accepted" list. Not a problem now though, but only with a gold card. The official line from BD however still says that all cards are valid there.

James - it's interesting that you say BD Gold is fairly tough to get; compared to either BA or EI, it is significantly easier. Particularly now that they are in *A - a single return trip to the US with United in economy will earn you almost a third of the required points to go from silver to gold.
Old Jan 16, 01, 5:34 pm
Original Member

OK - I didn't think of it like that and it hadn't really clicked that you could get BD qualifying points on UA flights. I still (always) think of them in terms of short haul European flights, but of course your comments are completely valid.

Wouldn't it be great if BD sorted out this advertised benefit so that blues/silvers could use the RCC! Do you think showing UA the BD Diamond Club membership guide would get you anywhere?

[This message has been edited by james (edited 01-16-2001).]

Search this Thread