Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the cheapest C fare?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Talking What's the cheapest C fare?

OK folks, I just need one more C fare to move from Blue to Silver - can anyone help me find a cheap one? Time restraints mean it'll have to be Euro or Domestic (ie not US)
Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:28 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Not BD, but you could look at getting a cheapy LH Y ticket connecting in FRA or MUC. There's some very good deals to Central Europe at the moment. (Ditto OS, now I come to think of it...) That would get you 3200 miles for the round trip.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by neilyork
OK folks, I just need one more C fare to move from Blue to Silver - can anyone help me find a cheap one? Time restraints mean it'll have to be Euro or Domestic (ie not US)
You my be better on an economy flight with someone like LH, that could work out cheaper depending on how many miles you need.

I did LHR-FRA-BUD BUD-MUC-LHR in May and that was 800 miles a leg (3200). I think the W class ticket priced out at about £130.

Make sure that you are on LH metal for all journey legs as they codeshare on the prague and other routes with non *A partners

P

Last edited by pdotie; Jul 28, 2004 at 9:42 am Reason: ooops had started typing and got interrupted at work, gazumped by stut :)
Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:59 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
However, looking at it further, you're in York, so LHR isn't so convenient.

Prodding around on Travelocity, I can see MAN-FRA-BCN for £84 (plus tax) in August, or NCL-DUS-PRG for £105 (plus tax).

Still not as handy as LBA or MME, though.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pdotie
You my be better on an economy flight with someone like LH, that could work out cheaper depending on how many miles you need.

I did LHR-FRA-BUD BUD-MUC-LHR in May and that was 800 miles a leg (3200). I think the W class ticket priced out at about £130.

Make sure that you are on LH metal for all journey legs as they codeshare on the prague and other routes with non *A partners

P
I found a great flight, £153 inc. tax, MAN-HAM-BCN - but all flights are operated by 'Lufthansa Cityline' - do I get BD points on these services?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi neilyork,

You should get miles. I flew LH ( Cityline) EDI-FRA in Dec 03 and got my miles.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:55 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by neilyork
I found a great flight, £153 inc. tax, MAN-HAM-BCN - but all flights are operated by 'Lufthansa Cityline' - do I get BD points on these services?
Yeah you will, I got them in may too

Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.