Forum Closure December 31st

Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
It was this forum that got me on to FT when my weekly BHD-LHR-BHD commute started me on the FF mainline addiction of miles/points and FF status.

The friendly folks at my first Belfast "do" (FlyingOnceMore and VanTheMan) explained how to spend some of the 000's of miles I had by then accumulated and never used. My travel then expanded and the addiction was fully fuelled!

Got the taste for redemptions just a little too late though, although I did burn a million miles in 2010 on some memorable trips.

Sad to see it all go. Thanks to the mods for their work, and the lovely folks at bmi who made it so friendly and a pleasure to fly with them.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BA Gold, A3 Gold,FB Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Desperate Dan Pie-Eater's Club
Indeed. Cheerio.
As with many it was stumbling onto flyertalk years ago trying to google an Interlining question and then onto this forum when I started regular travel to Moscow on BMI that opened up the world of F/J redemptions to me.
A few very memorable trips over the last few years thanks to the advice and tips I picked up on here.
I miss this forum even more than playing around with the ANA tool..
Adios (Avios..?) to a much loved forum where the interactions from folk were always very helpful and friendly.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:50 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Heartfelt thanks to all the mods and forum participants from me too. I learnt and gained a lot from here, and the BMI/DC mastercard still sees the vast majority of my spend every month. I'm now an Avios hoarder and Lifemiles buyer, but I do miss those hours spent with the ANA tool!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Can I just add my thanks for the great work of the mods and contributors over the years. I learnt a great deal from these pages and really enjoyed reading them. I was not often in a position to add much myself but got to travel the world thanks to it's pages. I will miss this forum almost as much as I miss BMI.

To this day I still can't slice a pineapple without thinking of BMI!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
Forum Closure December 31st

Thanks to all the Mods, fellow members and helpful bmi staffers. Like others I stumbled on flyertalk after doing a google search, while not contributing much myself I have learned so much about frequent flyer hints and tips. Tips that helped me fly to places I could of only dreamed of and in a comfy spacious seat (with the odd exception)

Mostly I will miss the hints and tips from fellow members, cheese toasties and cats.

I still fly bmi regional and I always smile when I see the bmi tail fin, hopefully they can continue the name for many years.

On a final note raffles blog (head for points) is a magnificent read and I wouldn't of discovered it were it not for the bmi forum introducing me to flyertalk.

Thanks and goodbye.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by antichef
It was this forum that got me on to FT when my weekly BHD-LHR-BHD commute started me on the FF mainline addiction of miles/points and FF status.
Same for me.

If it wasn't for this forum I would never have signed up for the BMI card, I would never have started collecting Avios and I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the last year of travelling anywhere near as much.

I never had the opportunity to fly on a BMI flight, but an old school friend worked for BMI (no BA) and she said that BMI was a great place to be.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by antichef
...and indeed, it was much the same for me. For this reason I am absolutely indebted to this forum. Had I dipped my toe into a less friendly environment for my first foray into the FT world, it would have been short lived.

The mods' benevolent leadership, the bmi staff's friendliness and 'flexibility' and the excellent advice from this forum's members will continue to be as much missed in the coming years as they have been in the past year.

Now, I must continue with my freeloading in other places. Farewell to all.

DCf
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Goodbye all and thanks for the memories. My life would have been poorer if I hadn't somehow (and I can't remember how) stumbled upon this forum. It made the world a much smaller place for me and for that I will be forever grateful. Adios!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Without the lovely folks in this forum I would have lost out on so many opportunities.
I met my local crowd a few times, including those that flew in from 'across the water'. Such a good bunch of people.
The experience gained here has, and will, help me on the BA and A3 forums and currently on Swiss with a complaint. Even understanding what a lurker was is proving invaluable.
Thanks again.
:-:
Old Dec 10, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by orudge
A shame, but I suppose the day had to come. Thanks to all the mods past and present, and for those who made this place what it was.
+1^^
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I echo all that has been said, thanks mods for your hard work and friendly advice.

Thanks BMI forum people, you helped me get so much more out if my DC*G and helped me get more out of FT without who I would not still have my BA Gold and Aegan Gold cards.

Even though I have the Gold cards, until today I miss DC and their lovely staff, Joanna and Keeley and would get right back to DC if it would return in the same way.

It was a great time.

Globalist
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Its time to close. BMI time is already long over.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Nah.

Wherever there is a New Business Model to be implemented...
Wherever there is a stupidly confusing fare naming convention to be foisted upon passengers..
Wherever there is a stupidly named low-cost-carrier offshoot to be shot..
Wherever there are website glitches causing frustration to people trying to do the simplest of tasks..
Wherever there is a "menu" consisting of little more then Pringles and Walkers shortbread..
Wherever there is a "sandwich" with content so hot, it could have been extracted from the Earth's molten core..

That will be forever bmi time
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by northernstar84
Its time to close. BMI time is already long over.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Just coming back to say thanks for the great times on this forum, it was a great ride while it lasted and thanks to everyone involved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.