FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: 5 prizes of 200,000 Miles to celebrate our 20th anniversary in the UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1517804-5-prizes-200-000-miles-celebrate-our-20th-anniversary-uk.html)

yellow_peril Nov 1, 2013 12:26 pm

5 prizes of 200,000 Miles to celebrate our 20th anniversary in the UK

We're giving away 5 prizes of 200,000 Miles to celebrate our 20th anniversary in the UK

As part of our ongoing service to customers, we wanted to let you know that every transaction you make on your Diamond Club Credit Card Account between 1 November and 30 November 2013 will automatically enter you into a prize draw to win 200,000 Miles.

We have provided you with the prize draw rules below - please read them carefully.

As a reminder, you'll earn destinations miles every time you use your Diamond Club Credit Card Account. You'll earn 2 destinations miles for every £1 you spend with your Diamond Club American Express® Credit Card from MBNA and 1 destinations mile for every £1 you spend with your Diamond Club Visa Credit Card.

--------------

How desperate are they to get rid of points?!?!

Globaliser Nov 1, 2013 12:34 pm

Should I reduce my threshold for using the card even further? I already seem to be using it for some £2.50 transactions!

teflon Nov 1, 2013 12:59 pm

Ah, Diamond Club. The gift that keeps on giving!

craigthemif Nov 1, 2013 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by yellow_peril (Post 21709262)
--------------

I also got the email for my AAdvantage MBNA cards, so it's not just a surplus of BMI miles they're trying to get rid of...

so3003 Nov 2, 2013 1:06 am

I've not had this email! :(

Roger Nov 2, 2013 5:50 am

Not all Diamond Club credit cards qualify.

If I understand the T+Cs correctly, only AmEx and Visa cards qualify, so that would exclude my Diamond Club MasterCard.

Oh well, I'll just have to make some transactions with my AAdvantage AmEx ...

OttoMH Nov 2, 2013 7:16 am

I feel the need to go buy some penny sweets!

Oxon Flyer Nov 2, 2013 9:12 am

There's some more discussion here : the eligible cards are MBNA More Rewards, Emirates Skywards Elite, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest, MBNA / AAdvantage®, Diamond Club plus and Diamond Club American.Express® or Visa.

Steve Oh Nov 2, 2013 10:33 am

Originally Posted by yellow_peril (Post 21709262)
You'll earn 2 destinations miles for every £1 you spend with your Diamond Club American Express® Credit Card from MBNA and 1 destinations mile for every £1 you spend with your Diamond Club Visa Credit Card.

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 21713304)
Not all Diamond Club credit cards qualify.

I'm guessing mine isn't one of the ones that qualify, cos I'm getting 2.5 per Amex £.
Shame :(

layz Nov 3, 2013 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 21714403)
I'm guessing mine isn't one of the ones that qualify, cos I'm getting 2.5 per Amex £.
Shame :(

If you have a bmi Amex you qualify, because for some reason Amex is sponsoring this! You also get entered if you spend on your bmi Visa (as it accompanies the Amex), but not a bmi MasterCard (as they were issued standalone).

Steve Oh Nov 3, 2013 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by layz (Post 21721755)
If you have a bmi Amex you qualify, because for some reason Amex is sponsoring this! You also get entered if you spend on your bmi Visa (as it accompanies the Amex), but not a bmi MasterCard (as they were issued standalone).

You are correct - I didn't get the email but Mrs Steve did, and she has the same cards as me (I applied for both of us at the same time) - it's probably in my spam folder somewhere.