Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are you all now flying with ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Just curious but who are all you guys now flying with ?

Did the status match tempt you away from star alliance to BA/OW or have you found other ways to spend your money ?

cs
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
BA/OW (for now, due to the status match) some *A, and even occasional Ryanair. No ScaryTeam: it never gets that bad.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:43 am

BA primarily, LX/LH for Germany and Switzerland travel, KL for the hops to AMS and U2 to plug any gaps. Should make BA Gold this year, LH Senator and retain FB Gold (FWIW!) - I may also make a push for EasyJet Plus also
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by colmc
even occasional Ryanair. No ScaryTeam: it never gets that bad.
Wow. Never seen it that way round. Even at their worst, ScaryTeam have never stooped as low as FR.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Wow. Never seen it that way round. Even at their worst, ScaryTeam have never stooped as low as FR.
I'm not sure - their recent efforts with Economy Comfort have driven me away from KLM.

Meanwhile, I'm on BA, LH/LX for some and U2 for others, just as rossmacd.

Still have another year of BA Gold in the bag and an flown and earnt A3 Card for LH.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
I'm not sure - their recent efforts with Economy Comfort have driven me away from KLM.
I can see how U2 can be a reasoanble attractive to ST airlines within Europe (many discussions on this on the FB Board) but the suggestion that ST is worse than FR would indeed stretch credibility. I can see how someone might see FR as more convenient for their purposes than ST airlines, especially if based in Ireland or in the catchment area of an FR base but that is not the same as suggesting that flying ST airlines is stooping lower than FR.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, my *A airline has decreased to a trickle (other than reward tickets). I have increased somewhat my OW and ST flying as well as a little more U2. I have, however, tended to be in miles burning mode recently so purchased fewer revenue tickets. When i go back to normal, I suspect that the emphasis will remain on BA/OW as main carrier/alliance.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver

BA due to status match mainly. Bit of Virgin and still flying bmi regional
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Not really: FR promise basic and ruthlessly efficient and deliver basic and ruthlessly efficient. For the prices I buy it at, I'm more than satisfied.

SkyTeam promises a lot more, but delivers not a lot and for considerable prices. Add to that fact that it's a horrible assembly of airlines for the most part, I'd be bypassing where and when possible.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My current system is EU hops on BA either cash or RFS. Should renew BA Gold with some long-hauls ex-BRU/LUX but have got nigh on a year to renew anyway.

Where absolutely unavoidable, flying *A particularly SN as its often very cheap. Totally avoiding ST, U2 and FR. Only flew FR years ago to try it anyway. AF/KL the bottom of the barrel as far as legacy's go.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:53 am

BA for redemption (the BMI credit card is still ace)
*A for longhaul to SEA / OZ/NZ but with Qatar joining and me being keen to try Cathay OW may get my business soon.

Trouble is my parents in law live in Singapore and I work a lot out of BKK so SQ and Thai provide the most effective links
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
CX primarily, some BA (mainly redemptions ), less & less EY/WY...miss bmi but would have been tough to fly them anyway now, given my circumstances.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
LH, AF/KLM and Ryanair
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
BA, but seemingly one of the few that's happy when he gets on an aircraft and sees his Club Europe seat has a table in the middle (i.e. G-MIDx).
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN
*A last year to get LH SEN, and a renewal this year. LH*G good to 2017. Now working on BA, with 9 months left to earn 900 TP to keep the gold card.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Mostly BA - made my first redemption with them recently too (RFS),
Had my first ever try on U2 a go a week or so back - didn't really like it, and one segment on BE (as the BA timings & routings were naff).

Would like to try some of the other OW airlines - JAL and CX, but haven't a reason to yet.

LH have put me off with their service changes last year and the same for the LX LHR-GVA route too.
SK haven't enticed me to visit somewhere new.
Have been meaning to try A3, but yet to see an enticing destination/fare whilst avoiding potential public strikes.
The only real draw for *A is SQ and given the routes from LHR, I don't fly them every week.

If BA give me good service over the year and I find myself with a chance to renew Gold, then I might stick with them another year...or head over to *A on A3 and mostly SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.