Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question: Alternative Cheese Toastie & Train Q

Newbie Question: Alternative Cheese Toastie & Train Q

Old May 1, 13, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: not a lot
Alternative Cheese Toastie & Train Q

Just had a ham and cheese toastie on East Coast. Not as good as a BD thermonuclear but tasty none the less, although the beer I picked up in Derby might be helping with that.

What happens if you miss your connecting train because your original train was late? Single booking if that matters. Do I get a taxi home (might miss the last train)??/
Old May 1, 13, 1:45 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by LiviLion View Post
What happens if you miss your connecting train because your original train was late? Single booking if that matters. Do I get a taxi home (might miss the last train)??/
The EU has introduced similar rules as for flying. You should get an alternative transport to your final destination (which also can be a taxi) and they should also pay a for accommodation if required. I don't know if it is the same for the UK, but in Germany you also get a refund of 25-50% of your train ticket in case of delay.
Old May 1, 13, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BD Gold
Originally Posted by LiviLion View Post
The final train operator should put you in a taxi. It's worth talking to the train manager of the delayed train so they can confirm the problem, and get the taxi pre-ordered (or at least make sure there will be someone at the final station to get you into a taxi).

Search this Thread