Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How did the old card expiry actually work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I remember the DC cards would always have an extra month on the expiry in order to allow delays in printing a new one etc, but this didn't mean the actual membership year was any longer did it?

But did it actually mean the extra month didn't show in StarNet?

For example Lufthansa have a similar system with membership year ending in December but cards expiring February but no question as to whether one is *G or not during this short period.

I'm asking because (amazingly) I just looked into the A3 account of Mrs. HL. Now she doesn't think so importantly of these things, and while I applied for a match for her there was never a reply, and frankly I forgot (When we fly *A we are together anyway). So when I logged in today I noticed she is showing as Silver (Blue) tier. The reason was as apparently above, her card expiry was not the "real" expiry and when she applied she was actually Silver and not Gold.

But I wonder if this policy really makes any sense. And should A3 be looking at it like this? Therefore it must be a curious thing with regards to StarNet and DC. While the SEN member is no question a SEN in Feb while he has not gained enough miles to renew in StarNet he would definitely show as Gold to all member airlines.

If it really is true that the extra month was meaningless, its quite an odd thing but I don't recall any embarrassing situations on here where the card said Gold and computer said no (In a partner lounge for example). In those cases, would the member airline honour what was printed on the card?

Thanks for your comments!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I suspect *net showed actual end, and lounge, check-in would accept card with longer date if you had it with you.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I suspect *net showed actual end, and lounge, check-in would accept card with longer date if you had it with you.
That's how I understood it too. You needed the card to cover the longer date period if you hadn't already re-qualified. The system would reflect the lower status if 38k hadn't been achieved, so you needed the card for access.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
When I dropped to BD*S I was not able to do a gold upgrade over the phone as they seen me as silver even though my gold card was still in date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.