Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

customer rights for in/voluntiary changed DC tickets ?

Old Feb 13, 13, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $

Just had several calls with BA, regarding reissuing/revalidating BMI DC milage tickets.
I had a change on an TG flight still issued bevore the no changes rule came out ! Of course BMI and now BA not have availability on *aliance award booking classes. So I was told ( already last year ) if the operating carrier change the booking, them will revalidate/reissue the tickets. Already happened the same way on many tix since last Oct.
Now I did the same, called the BA number and was told the not reissue/revalidate BMI/DC milage tickets on other *aliance airlines anymore !!!
Them only offer the cancel/refund miles ( into AVIOS ) + cash after the known procedere.
I told her, I think that this is not correct and BA has taken over BMI and now is responsible also for the old issued BMI tickets.
Now it comes ! the lady said BA not bought the whole BMI company !!! Only parts of it !!! And DIAMOND CLUB them not bought !! And that's why BA now only would be responsible for "comercial" tix from BMI ???
I told her even if this would be true,(what I not belive is possible under EU law ), my tickets are not DIAMOND TICKETS, them 236 BMI tickets, so BMI is responsible, BMI is taken over by BA, so it would still be BA.
She not wanted to discuss anymore about that, and said I only have the refund chance and nothing else ! also gave me a number which should handle old BMI cases +448448480808 ( but calling it, it says no longer in service ).
Any idea ? Or known person to contact ? Or is this another case for to go to court ?
Old Feb 13, 13, 7:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You seem to have many issues with your DC award flights...

If TG only made a time change rather than cancel or make a schedule change that impacts other flights, I suggest that you leave it and deal with it at check-in. Unless it is SQ, the carrier will be able to accommodate you on their flight even if the ticket should have been revalidated/reissued by BA.

PS. I spoke to BA last week. No problem for BA to revalidate a DC ticket.
Old Feb 13, 13, 7:31 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Try call +441914907901 and ask for customer service.
Old Feb 13, 13, 10:43 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Old Feb 13, 13, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S +SPG platinum, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
You seem to have many issues with your DC award flights...
If TG only made a time change rather than cancel or make a schedule change that impacts other flights, I suggest that you leave it and deal with it at check-in. Unless it is SQ, the carrier will be able to accommodate you on their flight even if the ticket should have been revalidated/reissued by BA.

PS. I spoke to BA last week. No problem for BA to revalidate a DC ticket.
thats correct. Many issues because I hold more than 30 award tix in the end !
And all of them are mixed *aliance awards. And if operating airlines make changes, now customers have to deal with this problems.
I think all this is not really correct ( by law it should be clearly ruled, that one airline is responsible and if taken over, the new owner is responsible, or them have to find an agent, who is authorized to fix all this problems , until the last issued tix is flown !
More than 90% passangers are "unknown" about their rights, and even don't know how to deal with such problems at all.
The real true is, that LH and BA both wanted to get rid of these sh.. BMI award-tix problems ! And them try to find a tricky way to leave the problems with passangers, in the hope most of them give up anyhow.

thank you for the tel. no. , i will try my luck there.

Search this Thread