BA Policy on refunds for redemptions?

Old Feb 1, 13, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
BA Policy on refunds for redemptions?

Morning all,

May I get some advice from you all?

Had a BMI redemption with SQ from OSK to SIN (stop over) to MEL in business.

Cancelled the OSK to SIN sector and was due to take SIN-MEL. Wife became ill so cancelled the whole trip and claimed the refunds for the 3 outstanding redemptions.

2 out of the 3 have been received. With the outstanding refund BA are claiming that I will only receive a part refund as the first sector was cancelled. (at the time of cancelling the first sector I just assumed that portion of taxes would be refunded). Is this correct?

I have checked BAs policy online and under the general conditions of carriage section 10c2 states: If you have not used any part of the ticket, the refund will be equal to the fare and any surcharge and any taxes, fees and charges you have paid, less any cancellation and reasonable service charge.

With BMI, a cancellation fee was 25 pounds, full refund. I consider that reasonable. Or if you were changing a redemption it was a 20 charge.

Now the response I got from BA customer relations is: Thank you for taking the time to speak to me yesterday. I confirm that if a BA flight were cancelled, we would not refund any voluntary changes previously made.

Would someone mind confirming if the above is right from BA considering section 10c2?

Cheers
Old Feb 1, 13, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have moved this thread to the BMI forum as it relates to the refund of a BMI redemption rather than a BA redemption.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum

Responding as a normal member, wouldn't the booking be subject to the original booking conditions of the BMI redemption and not the current T&C of British Airways? That was certainly the impression I got when I cancelled my BD redemptions.

I also think how the refunds are done may be dependent on how the redemptions were structured - were they all together in a single booking and when you cancelled one sector, the tax fees and charges and miles were recalculated for the whole booking, or were they individual sectors booked separately?

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Feb 1, 13 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 1, 13, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
MODS please close this thread down, its pointless been here.

Thanks.

Search this Thread