Cancelling 1 Pax ticket

Old Jan 24, 13, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
Cancelling 1 Pax ticket

I have 2 half cash half miles reward tickets - one for me and one for my other half. He cannot come now - can I cancel his ticket and keep mine?
Old Jan 24, 13, 10:01 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
They should be able to split the PNR and remove the person not travelling
Old Jan 24, 13, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
But you will lose out on your miles and the cash as I think you will not be able to get anything back after Dec 31st, 2012.
Old Jan 24, 13, 11:16 am
Original Poster

I'll call them tomorrow and see and report back whether they allow one passenger to cancel.

I will get the cash and miles back as I am UK based.
Old Jan 25, 13, 9:11 am
Original Poster

So this ended up a bit of a nightmare:

I called BA Gold line - and after 20 mins on hold and on the phone to an agent - I was told to call the BMI line as they were worried that they couldn't remove one passenger from the booking.

I called the BMI Line - it had a message and then went dead

I called the BA Gold line again - told I would have to fill a form in (the BMI refund form) to get the refund. I was put on hold for ten mins and then confirmed that 1 passenger cannot be removed/cancelled because that is an amendment to the booking. I then requested the booking is cancelled for both passengers. Agent tries to put me on hold to find out if they can refund the miles - I quickly pointed out the information from Nicci on this board - and the agent then puts an email together to the back office to get my miles back in 7 days.

I have now filled in the refund form to get the cash back - lets see what happens.

I must say everyone I spoke to was friendly and trying to help - but clearly they did not have all the information they needed quickly to hand.
Old Jan 27, 13, 10:08 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
I'm UK based and cancelled a ticket 3 weeks ago. Miles refunded to BMI account in 3 days and cash refunded in 3 weeks

Originally Posted by bariummeal View Post
So this ended up a bit of a nightmare:

I called BA Gold line - and after 20 mins on hold and on the phone to an agent - I was told to call the BMI line as they were worried that they couldn't remove one passenger from the booking.

I called the BMI Line - it had a message and then went dead

I called the BA Gold line again - told I would have to fill a form in (the BMI refund form) to get the refund. I was put on hold for ten mins and then confirmed that 1 passenger cannot be removed/cancelled because that is an amendment to the booking. I then requested the booking is cancelled for both passengers. Agent tries to put me on hold to find out if they can refund the miles - I quickly pointed out the information from Nicci on this board - and the agent then puts an email together to the back office to get my miles back in 7 days.

I have now filled in the refund form to get the cash back - lets see what happens.

I must say everyone I spoke to was friendly and trying to help - but clearly they did not have all the information they needed quickly to hand.

Search this Thread