Account closed

Old Jan 18, 13, 6:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 132
Account closed

My diamondclub.org account seems to have been closed down even though I am based in the UK and have the MBNA card.

Has anybody else had this?

I still have miles to transfer over to Avios.

I have just contacted them on the web form as I don't want to lose my fairly large balance! (I know I should have transferred them when they posted originally but I did not bother since I'm UK and could transfer them after 31 December).
LondonMiles is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 6:43 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Heathrow
Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Posts: 1,985
Give them a call, they should be able to do it while you speak to them.
Steve Oh is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 6:49 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 132
They do not appear to have a phone number post 31 December 2012? Just seems to be the web form.
LondonMiles is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 7:33 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Heathrow
Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Posts: 1,985
I've got one at home - will post it later tonight
Steve Oh is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 9:00 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by Steve Oh View Post
I've got one at home - will post it later tonight
Great! It is always much easier to sort things like this over the phone rather than a web form.
LondonMiles is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 9:09 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 37,693
It could be that it isn't closed.....but you might not be logging in properly?

You have to use the email address not your DC account number.
HIDDY is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 9:22 am
  #7  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Englandshire
Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Posts: 11,823
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
You have to use the email address not your DC account number.
No you don't. You can log in with either.
Oxon Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 9:38 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 37,693
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
No you don't. You can log in with either.
Thanks for putting me right.

I was sure before my account was closed it wasn't possible to log in with my number.
HIDDY is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 9:48 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Heathrow
Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Posts: 1,985
It's a new thing being able to do it with your email address, but it is a lot easier!

Now, is there anyway to change your password from the "gjdrsuobhd" one they give you?
Steve Oh is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 10:06 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 132
The log-in details are correct as when they're not I get a different message (the standard 'invalid username/password' one).

My message is something about my account being closed.
LondonMiles is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 10:19 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SW London
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Posts: 3,223
Originally Posted by Steve Oh View Post
It's a new thing being able to do it with your email address, but it is a lot easier!

Now, is there anyway to change your password from the "gjdrsuobhd" one they give you?
I logged in with account number (which I think is the new bit - it was email only originally) today to transfer miles.

There is now a 'Change Password' link that wasn't there a while ago.

They're maintaining / improving this site far more competently than the old one .
EsherFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 18, 13, 10:23 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Heathrow
Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Posts: 1,985
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
I logged in with account number (which I think is the new bit - it was email only originally) today to transfer miles.

There is now a 'Change Password' link that wasn't there a while ago.

They're maintaining / improving this site far more competently than the old one .
Yes, it does look a lot better
Steve Oh is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 3:56 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,309
Originally Posted by Steve Oh View Post
It's a new thing being able to do it with your email address, but it is a lot easier!
We have been able to log in via the email address very soon after they launched it. Not really that new a feature.

Last edited by RAPC; Jan 19, 13 at 4:09 am
RAPC is offline  
Old Jan 19, 13, 2:49 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Heathrow
Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Posts: 1,985
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
We have been able to log in via the email address very soon after they launched it. Not really that new a feature.
When I went to log in December, to Xfer my points over to BAEC, I had to use my membership number, which was a pain because I'd lost the bit of paper I'd written it on and there was no way to request it using an email address.
Steve Oh is offline  
Old Jan 20, 13, 11:55 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,309
Originally Posted by Steve Oh View Post
When I went to log in December, to Xfer my points over to BAEC, I had to use my membership number, which was a pain because I'd lost the bit of paper I'd written it on and there was no way to request it using an email address.
Something strange going on then with your login at the time. Everyone has been able to log on with their email address for months before that.
RAPC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread