Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Time to spill the beans on DC/bmi errors in your favour?

Time to spill the beans on DC/bmi errors in your favour?

Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:41 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Mongolia to Palau and then some

Not a terribly long routing, but my favorite redemption was:
CMB-x/BKK-PEK-x/ULN-PEK-ICN-x/ROR-MNL (gcmap)

Starting from Sri Lanka, we stopped in BKK for a side trip into Cambodia, did 13 days in a Russian minivan on the Mongolian steppe, went diving/snorkeling in the waters around Palau and finally ended up in the Philippines.

I forget the zone numbering but it was priced as South Asia to North Asia round trip. Specifically, they did not charge me for the stopover in Palau (Oceania zone).

Oh and I almost forgot about the icing on the cake: food poisoning (likely) from either Air China's inflight offerings or their lounge in Beijing. The result: four days of wishing I was dead while being bounced around in a minivan on the nonexistent Mongolian roads. Also, frantic bathroom (read: hole-in-the-ground) runs at 3AM in the blowing snow with aggressive yaks lurking about. Good times, I would totally do it again. ^

Last edited by Roaming Ryan; Dec 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
A former colleague flew as lead passenger for a group on a business trip to Japan. Reportedly, he was credited miles for every person in the booking.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Someone with a very common name similar to my own checked in at United Airlines in Chicago and ended up "travelling" to 16 U.S. destinations from O'Hare on one day.

All the miles posted.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
They were a very generous program, even if you just played by the rules and maxed their promotions. So for my Brazil to Portugal Cruise, I did the following.

At the time I lived in Orlando, FL and found that the Caribbean was in the South America Zone. I bought a cheap $60 Jet Blue ticket to Nassau and began my South American trip from there. So for "4" Ramada stays at $35 each, I got over 21,000 BMI miles. The cash/miles option for in-South America First was just 20,500 for one-way. SO First on US Airways, then First on United from IAD-GRU. Then bought miles for TAP/Continental LIS-EWR-LIM in J.

The one-way from Nassau was worth over $6,000 and this was for $150 worth of Ramada stays!!!

Last edited by gkbiiii; Dec 4, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.