Report your final bmi redemption!

Old Jan 3, 13, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hanging onto BAEC(G);HH(G via AX Plt);SPG/MAR(T); was [UA2P, WN A-, FL A+Elite, BD G, Hyatt P/GLB]

Mods, if there is already a thread for this, please feel free to merge...

Let's keep track of everyone's final trips using DC miles!

My final redemption using my bmi miles was EWR-IAH-MGA followed by PTY-IAH//EWR in C for 22500 DC miles + I forget how much cash). The Panama Canal Museum at the Miraflores locks made the trip totally worthwhile!
Old Jan 4, 13, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
My final redemption was a month ago
ZRH/BOM LX F out and MAA/SIN/LHR SQ J back
Had some wonderful trips thanks to DC miles and will be missed
Old Jan 4, 13, 11:43 pm

Lhr-lax-phx-pvr / mex-fra-lhr

Currently in the middle of a trip that would never have been possible without DC. Amazingly managed to get to PVR at height of the peak season:

LHR-LAX F UA - Stopover
LAX-PHX-PVR F US

On return

MEX-FRA-LHR - C LH

Still very excited about my very last trip coming up in a few weeks: LHR-ICN-NRT-HNL (HNL-YVR paid) - YVR - LHR. All in C.

Thanks BMI - you've opened up some amazing travel opportunities.
Old Jan 5, 13, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Sitting on a LHR-VIE-DXB-MUC-LHR over Easter, but 50/50 if we do it or not.
Old Jan 5, 13, 1:48 am

Programs: MUCCI
AGP-FRA-ZRH-YUL-YYZ-YVR-AKL-BNE-AKL-HKG-LHR, F and C.
Old Jan 5, 13, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold

A boring (but very enjoyable) LHR-JFK-LHR in Virgin UC. Not much chance of doing that now with my Avios!
Old Jan 5, 13, 6:52 am

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Final one was a few months ago:

KUL-SIN (SQ)-SYD (SQ)-AKL (NZ)//AKL-MEL (NZ)-SIN (SQ)

All in C and went without a hitch! (apart from bags being delayed in MEL, but SQ paid compensation and delivered them later that night!)

Sadly no direct availability SIN-AKL but connecting via Oz went generally OK with the exception of a 30 min delay in MEL waiting for the international connection door/security screening to be opened!

Most impressed with NZ Koru Club lounges - especially on a WLG-AKL cash flight on that trip - cost about 30 but must have eaten & drunk that much in the lounge at WLG courtesy of A3*G (itself courtesy of BD*G so still relevant for this thread!)
Old Jan 5, 13, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
last one was on 1/1 ZRH-BOS LX in C. RIP BMI
Old Jan 5, 13, 8:46 am

Programs: Some, not all.
My final three:

MAN-FRA-DFW with a forced schedule change became MAN-LHR(overnight stop)-IAH-DFW.
Worked out okay as we got the TATL on UA's flat beds and not LH's kiddie slide, BMI paid for the hotel, BA gave us hoppa vouchers and said we can send in a claim for the evening meal.

DFW-IAH-BOS/stopover/BOS-PHL-MAN
First time on US Airways - the Envoy TATL was a nice surprise, however the forced gate check of hand luggage at BOS meant we wasted an hour waiting for bags and then going through security again.

Next month we have a (hopefully) simple MAN-PHL-MIA-PHL-MAN

Last edited by 21H21J; Jan 14, 13 at 1:31 pm
Old Jan 5, 13, 8:51 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I came late to the party and my first and last is next month. Not mentioning where (not that it's exciting to you lot) in case that puts a hex on things as we've already had to cancel the outbound as nasty TAP cancelled our flight (3 times!) and wouldn't allow us to move a day forward instead of a day back, leaving us with a three day "overnight" in Lisbon.....
Old Jan 5, 13, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
It was over a year ago now. An excellent value trip back from NZ.

AKL-SYD-SIN-HKG-LHR-EDI, with 23 hours in SIN and a stopover in HKG. I then tacked on a CHC-AKL a couple of days before departure for the princely sum of 20 change fee + 1.20 in taxes.

Some really top-notch products. It was the nose of a 747 for the Trans-Tasman on NZ with only one other pax for company. Apparently upstairs was a bit fuller. Outstanding service.

The NZ SYD lounge was very impressive too. In fact I was very impressed with NZ in general.

SQ J on the A380 beat every other J, and several F products I've tried. Shame about the miserable lounge in SIN.

Bags somehow didn't make it on my flight to HKG despite (or because of) the long layover in SIN, so I got to do a little shopping on SQ's dime.

All went very smoothly. Diamond Club will be sorely missed. I think I'll be focussing my Avios on the new sweetspot of RFS now. Longhaul will have to go back to Y...
Old Jan 5, 13, 7:43 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Last one for me (along with Mrs and Little Miss Sofasurfer) was in July: outbound YYZ-PHL-MAN (US Y/C) with a return MAN-LHR(overnight layover)-YHZ(stopover)-YYZ (BD/AC Y ... not the best use of miles in some eyes... we just couldn't get availability in C for all of us, even with some creative routing ideas - but we got to say goodbye to the MAN lounge and BD metal/crew, meet up with London pals for dinner and a pint near LHR, and spend a very enjoyable couple of days in YHZ on the way home).

As 21H21J mentioned, new Envoy is rather nice. We were also very pleasantly surprised with the comp day room at the MAN Radisson (didn't know about it until it was mentioned as we were descending) which was extremely useful and highly welcomed

The very last use of miles from our family account will be my Mum's return leg of her current visit. YYZ-CLT-LGW (US Y/C) in a couple of months. Her outbound trip just before Christmas was DUB-PHL-YYZ (US/AC C). The ex-DUB TATL was in the older C, but the APD saving went towards a couple of nights in DUB and the train-ferry combo that she really enjoyed (and wants to visit DUB again) so it worked out well.

The next chapter(s) await...
Old Jan 6, 13, 1:30 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by sofasurfer View Post

As 21H21J mentioned, new Envoy is rather nice. We were also very pleasantly surprised with the comp day room at the MAN Radisson (didn't know about it until it was mentioned as we were descending) which was extremely useful and highly welcomed
Did I miss out on the day room?
Old Jan 6, 13, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Last month
TPA-EWR-LHR-ABZ on United C class
All went good with no problems. Going to miss these flights
Old Jan 6, 13, 10:50 am

Mine was BRU (to beat APD and try and get the Jet 777-300) -KTM via BKK and return back to Heathrow on Thai.

Loved the tricks and flexibility of the rewards, I didn't know how good we had it!!

Now that the programme is over did anyone else have any "KTM style" style tricks that they used which weren't common knowledge around these boards/were hushed up to keep it getting back to BD. I do remember someone asking for turnaround time at KTM to see if they could come straight back on the flight which they had just come in on but that thread was soon closed down.

Mods: I'm sure it's ok to talk about these now but don't mind deletion if we want to keep these quiet for whatever reason.

Search this Thread