Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your final bmi redemption!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
We do our last one next week. LHR-BKK-HKT but only in J after 4 years of F

Can anyone just confirm our selection of lounges at LHR after 4 years of using the SQ F lounge I don't think we can use this now.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Hello Steve170461,

Under *A rules, you can access any *A business class lounge when travelling in J.

Therefore you could stick to the Singapore Lounge, but I find their J section smaller with less choice than the London Lounge used by most other *A airlines (TG/AC/SAS).

The Singapore lounge can get very busy before their A380 departures, and they may encourage you to use the London Lounge instead. Main plus is a full service bar, instead of he self service in the London Lounge.

Not sure if EVA joining *A this year if that will provide another option, but this is unlikely to happen before June.

Regards, Graham
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Thanks for that. I thought we may get lucky and access the F part of the SQ lounge as we now get recognised by a couple of the staff. In our experience the F part is almost empty leading up to a 2130 departure-and I get the sofa to watch the football!!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Having successfully boarded the Virgin Atlantic flight from Gatwick to Orlando the other day, I found myself sharing Upper Class with a bunch of what seemed like East End London gangsters, their offspring and sassy wives. Among them were what appeared to be a bodyguard and a couple of what seemed like Torchwood weevil monsters, who'd had half their heads blown away in presumed shotgun battles and had been customers of several different brain surgeons. It was quite horrible, actually, and I wished I had been on another flight. I ended up getting rather drunk, probably more than they did, on the rather good wines and feeling terrible later.

Sure hope the flight back from Miami next month is dfferent. That will truly be my last Diamond Club flight, the second and final segment of this trip.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Concerto
a bunch of what seemed like East End London gangsters, their offspring and sassy wives. Among them were what appeared to be a bodyguard and a couple of what seemed like Torchwood weevil monsters, who'd had half their heads blown away in presumed shotgun battles and had been customers of several different brain surgeons. It was quite horrible, actually, and I wished I had been on another flight.
That was the last BA Forum do, methinks.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Feb 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: Some, not all.
That's me done with the final BMI award: MAN-PHL-MIA-PHL-MAN
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum
Going for Easter'13 to Japan: LIS-LHR-ICN-KIX / NRT-ICN-LHR-OSL

All in business class, I am hoping my Asiana flight will be better than two years ago (a very quick service and lights off...). The ticket had at least four (invol) changes but only one of them required a call to bmi.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Am in the midst of my last BMI redemption to the Maldives. AMS-IST-SIN-MLE-SIN-AMS all in J.

Great flights so far with both TK and SQ (only 5 pax in the whole J - got a very personalized service). Will get to try out the F seats on SQ back to AMS (sadly J service).

Thanks to this had a few days of good street food in BKK with the stopover in SIN [flew TG SIN-BKK-SIN with cash]

My final farwell to a great program. Thanks BMI for the good times!

Cheers!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Right, I'm back now from my final final redemption, all in C:

AMS-FRA-PVG-AKL (LH/NZ)
AKL-MEL (NZ 77W)
MEL-SIN-LHR (SQ 380)

Fittingly the last sector was probably one of my best flights ever: 121 passengers on a hi-J A380, of which 23 in J class; a full complement of cabin crew; and I was the only J passenger in the rear cabin, with 3 dedicated flight attendants (quite possibly the most enthusiastic dedicated flight attendants ever - and, no, I do not have any more room for any more satay, after the third helping!)

After 4 Oz/NZ C class redemptions in the last 5 years, I guess I'll never get to redeem longhaul to Asia/Australia again so long as I stay in OW
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:50 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
My last one was a lovely, and slightly naughty FRA-NRT/FUK-BKK-LHR in J, on a LH 380 on the way out.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Why naughty?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:56 am
BJC

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Avios
Just completed my last redemption for two of us. NOU-AKL-BNE-BKK-CMB. Stopover in BNE. In J apart from the first leg from NOU. No problems. Thanks to everyone in this forum who posted such helpful information to show me what could be done with my miles.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:55 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by jbfield
Why naughty?
Z10-Z1 via Z8 with a stopover was certainly frowned upon. We really should have gone back via NRT or SEL, but managed to get away with it.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Ahh I see; I never really encountered that. Mind you, I was surprised when I got offered told ULN-PEK-SIN-LHR was a valid routing not that long ago! (I never booked it though).
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:11 am

Just completed ewr-del.

Still have del-icn-fuk in a few days - but can't complete the trip as I have to be at lhr next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.