Wiki Posts
Search

Report your final bmi redemption!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Grafton001
Just did BCN/GRU and return over Christmas/New Year on SQ J. Excellent flights both ways and on the outbound served KRUG in J (managed 4 glasses). One last redemption in SQ J FRA/SIN/MLE at end of March will bring the shutters down on years of premium class travels courtesy of DC.
would have been a bad flight for my liver
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just completed my TG redemption, with the flights HKT-BKK-CDG in 1st class. The Phuket to Bangkok flight was sold as a 2 class flight, although there was 1st class seating which we were allocated to (so I'm pretty sure it wasn't an op-up!).

We enjoying the excellent 1st class lounge BKK and had time for a massage. The flight to Paris was delayed 50 minutes. Service was excellent and friendly, the sleeper bed was comfortable and not too hard. However, the catering was quite mediocre and the wine was really dreadful (I will post over in the TG forum about this). Breakfast was very good, however.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Last year of redemptions:

TG LHR-BKK-SYD and back in F for Xmas & New Year 2011.
LH&CO FRA-IAD-IAH-OAX / CUN-EWR-FRA-MAN in J for Easter 2011.
...and finally...
SQ LHR-SIN-DPS in J for Xmas & New Year 2012
...not a bad way to see in the end of the programme!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
Managed to get 4 seats in J next week for EDI to HKT on TG. Circuitious routing on the way out, so will see delights of ARN and old TG F along the way. And obviously had to book via two PNRs which is a recent trick for me. Lots of time changes and ticketing to sort out to add colour also. I think the kids have been spoiled by bmi, I suspect they don't realise what normal long haul is like. We'll have to downgrade to canary islands next year as bit of a struggle to get 4 seats on BA!

Thank you bmi (and mbna!)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:59 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
My final trip was just under a year ago (I decided to keep a tonne of miles to convert to Avios as they are valuable for my European travel under Reward Saver redemptions).

Was a sneaky one-way!

BFS-EWR-PHX (X) PHX-ORD-EWR all in J (UA)

God knows how many of these trips I was able to book without them noticing I was passing through the Airport I was eventually going back to... :/
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rxfleming
My final trip was just under a year ago (I decided to keep a tonne of miles to convert to Avios as they are valuable for my European travel under Reward Saver redemptions).

Was a sneaky one-way!

BFS-EWR-PHX (X) PHX-ORD-EWR all in J (UA)

God knows how many of these trips I was able to book without them noticing I was passing through the Airport I was eventually going back to... :/
Wow, so the whole of that is actually a One Way? When I initially glanced at it, I thought it was 2 One Ways! That's brilliant, how did you manage that? Most of the other programmes would have considered that as backtracking, no?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:07 pm

Mine was over 12months ago now DUB - IST - NBO on TK C and then NBO - ZRH on LX F and ZRH - DUB in C. Spent 11 amazing days in Kenya and Tanzania on Safari for Christmas 2011
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: BD Blue (but > 300k mi)
Trip for four last summer just gone

ABZ -> CPH -> FRA -> NRT (x) HND -> LAX -> JFK (x) EWR -> LHR -> EDI

All in business - thanks bmi - 10 years of short haul and credit card!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:36 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Concerto
Wow, so the whole of that is actually a One Way? When I initially glanced at it, I thought it was 2 One Ways! That's brilliant, how did you manage that? Most of the other programmes would have considered that as backtracking, no?
Sure was - I was able to do it 4 times. Only one one-way trips. They never batted an eyelid.
That was our bmi
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lovely!

I forgot to say, at Phuket Airport I managed to bum my way onto an earlier flight so I could enjoy the 1st class lounge in Bangkok for longer. In fact, I simply asked if I could take the earlier flight since we were at the airport quite early, and there was no problem. As it happened, the HKT-BKK flights seemed to be running with about 40 minutes delay that night (18th January). So it doesn't hurt to ask!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:46 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just back from our last redemption: BRU-FRA-SIN-MEL (C) returning SYD-BKK-ZRH-LHR (F).

Outbound turned into a complete trial thanks to LH cancelling pretty much everything out of BRU thanks to a little bit of snow, so we ended up on a train to FRA which LH wouldn't provide a voucher for because it was an outstation, and it looks like I have to jump through loops to get the money back, missed our connection onto SQ and were re-routed onto QF - so we arrived in SIN 11 hours late and lost our day in the city, albeit with some bonus Avios from a double-dip.

Return was excellent - a particularly good TG crew from BKK and a great Maitre de Cabin on the LX flight into LHR. Coupled with the TG First Class lounge and spa experience, definitely a good way to say goodbye to BD.

Thanks for giving us some wonderful memories guys ...
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Last ones for me were a while back now as I decided to burn whilst I knew I could still spend

April 2011 - CDG-BKK-DPS (TG F) for honeymoon (CDG to get the 777, avoid APD, and stay at the IC) returning DPS-BKK-FRA (TG F) FRA-LHR (LH J)

Oct 2011- CDG-BKK (TG J - with stopover for trip to HKT), BKK-SIN (slummed it in TG Y to get to SIN for one last trip on the A380) SIN-SYD (SQ J); MEL-AKL-LHR (NZ J)

Brilliant trips. Thanks BMI!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Flying today MUC-BKK-SIN-MLE in TG F new seats and the J on SQ
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:15 am

MAN-LHR-BKK-PER with BA/TG/TG C
MEL-SIN-MAN with SQ C

Boy, is BAEC a nasty shock. Just trying to book a straightforward trip to the USA. I would have had the choice of half a dozen airlines with A*. Looks like a choice of zero with OW.
Time to venture into the BA forum...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:15 pm

My final BD redemption was completed today - MAN-PHL-PUJ-PHL-MAN

Having never flown US TATL before, I was suitably impressed by their J cabin and will certainly look to use it in the future when crossing the pond ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.