What could have been

Old Dec 30, 12, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

What could have been

This video was shown to all staff during the restructuring of bmi, we all genuinely believed that somehow together we would make it work, there was so much love and passion internally but unfortunatley that wasn't enough to save our little bmi.

A very sad video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJUl323h0M
Old Dec 31, 12, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Great video..thanks for posting. If only BA could pick up a few of those values.

RIP bmi.
Old Dec 31, 12, 4:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, BD Gold
That is a good video, and what stood out for me is the vision of "contemporary British service".

In my mind that could have been a key and powerful differentiator against BA and EZY. I enjoyed flying BD because it was 'contemporary British' not the 'clinging to a colonial past' that BA is soaked in.

It's also bewildering to see emphasis on how important BD's contribution to LH group's strategic goals was, months before LH pulled the plug. I still think the whole thing shows that LH's board aren't strong at winning battles, just defending what they've got (see also the Lufthansa -> Germanwings 'project'...)
Old Dec 31, 12, 4:41 am
Original Poster

It's quite ironic that we were shown this video on the day that Lufthansa first announced that bmi was officially for sale. We just couldn't understand and was left in a state of confusion as to why so much time and effort was put into investing in new products and restructuring the business yet the airline wasn't given any time to even see short term results.
Old Dec 31, 12, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
That was definitely worth watching - and sad.
Old Jan 1, 13, 12:51 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
They don't make them like that any more :-(

Search this Thread