Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The 31 Dec 2012 deadline has come and gone. What's happened ?

The 31 Dec 2012 deadline has come and gone. What's happened ?

Old Dec 30, 12, 1:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Arrow The 31 Dec 2012 deadline has come and gone. What's happened ?

Just a reminder that a number of previously-notified things are due to happen from 31 Dec, so here's a recap from the FAQ of what's coming :

Does the Executive Club offer any tier matching status for Diamond Club members?
Diamond Club members can continue to tier match to the Gold and Silver Executive Club tiers until 31 December 2012. After December 2012, the Executive Club will not offer any further opportunity to tier match

I am a Diamond Club member outside of the UK and the South West Pacific region, how long can I transfer my destinations miles to Avios for?
Diamond Club members who live outside of the UK, Australia & New Zealand can continue to transfer their destinations miles to Avios until 31 December 2012.

I am a Diamond Club member outside of the UK and South West Pacific region, how long can I log into my Diamond Club account on www.diamondclub.org ?
You will not be able to log into your Diamond Club account after 31 December 2012.

How long can I continue to access the British Airways lounges as a Gold or Silver Diamond Club member?
Gold Diamond Club members can access the Galleries First lounge, Galleries Club lounge and Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5. Gold Diamond Club members can also access the London Gatwick British Airways First and Club lounges as well as the London Gatwick Sofitel arrivals lounge. Please note that Gold members may take one guest into the lounge, but guests are not permitted in the arrivals lounges. Silver Diamond Club members can access the Galleries Club lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and the British Airways Club lounge at London Gatwick. Silver members may take one guest into the lounge.

Please bring your membership card with you as you may be asked to present this in order to gain access to the lounge. Access will not be permitted after 31 December 2012.

Act now if you need to.
Old Dec 31, 12, 4:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Worth noting in this regard!

Originally Posted by DiamondClubQueries View Post
Dear all

I am not currently in the office but rest assured any queries that were submitted prior to 31 December will be dealt with and honoured if everything meets the eligibility criteria for tier match/transfer/mileage refund etc

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Dec 31, 12, 6:25 am

Programs: bmi diamond club lifetime gold, ba silver
How do you know if tier match gone through? I applied in late October and despite oral assurances I will retain BAEC Gold through to 2014 I have no written acknowledgement from BAEC. I was told that while my card expiry date remained at 31 September 2013 it would automatically extend another 12months at renewal. Unlike some who applied and had their expiry date changed immediately to 2014.
Old Dec 31, 12, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Happy New Year to all our contributers, and I guess it's farewell to those having Diamond Club accounts with addresses outside of UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Old Jan 1, 13, 6:24 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Seeya, now!

Actually, my account is still active, displaying 1 ghost mile. I expect we'll be locked out in the morning.
Old Jan 1, 13, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
Seeya, now!

I expect we'll be locked out in the morning.
Oh dear....are you allowed to be a DC Mod if you no longer have an active DC account?

If no, then seeya....if yes, then good.
Old Jan 7, 13, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

So, it's been a week and no-one has reported their DC acount being closed or miles forfeited. Has anything at all happened ?
Old Jan 7, 13, 4:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
So, it's been a week and no-one has reported their DC acount being closed or miles forfeited. Has anything at all happened ?
For me, living outside in a country where it closed on Dec. 31, my account is no longer active when I try to log on.
Old Jan 8, 13, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by A_Lee View Post
For me, living outside in a country where it closed on Dec. 31, my account is no longer active when I try to log on.
Ditto.

My wife and I both received letters through the post in the middle of December to inform us of the impending closure of our accounts. We are officially no longer members of DC.

Search this Thread