Redemption Flight on line check help

Old Dec 24, 12, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba bmi flyingblue
Redemption Flight on line check help

Managed to get (for the final time) a Diamond Club points plus cash flight in business to Thailand for the New Year flying with Scandinavian and Thai. Don't think I'll be seeing equivalent deals like this for sometime with BAEC

One of the things that I never managed to successfully negotiate with BMI partner flights is On-Line Check in. The booking ref that BMI issues never seems to work with the on-line systems of their partners.

Any tips on how to do successful on-line check in? Hopefully Im missing something really really obvious.

Thanks

PS Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Old Dec 24, 12, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It varies from airline to airline, but when the partner airline was using Amadeus, OLCI seemed to work ok for me (as that was what bmi used). If they were using something else, I'd see if I could find an alternate PNR from checkmytrip.com.

SAS now use it, can't remember if TG has moved across yet (but were/are in the process)
Old Dec 24, 12, 10:53 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Originally Posted by colmc View Post
SAS now use it, can't remember if TG has moved across yet (but were/are in the process)
My BD PNR certainly works on the TG website for Manage my Booking and Book The Cook, so I would guess it will also allow me to check-in when the time comes.
Old Dec 26, 12, 10:01 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG/OWE, Accor Gold
Another option is to phone TG and ask them to provide the relevant PNR based on your name and flight schedule.
Old Jan 12, 13, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba bmi flyingblue
It all worked, it was all as simple as that. Didn't get a chance to say thanks for the advice before I flew out. Am now back and missing DC already

Search this Thread