Exec club less generous?

Old Dec 21, 12, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Exec club less generous?

Hi,
I'm sure this has been discussed at length before, but I haven't found it yet.

I'm noticing the BA Exec club is less generous than DC with tier points. I never had any bother achieving gold with DC but looking at my progress with Exec club, it might be tight this year.

Anyone else notice that?

R
Old Dec 21, 12, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
This is certainly true, but then DC was widely regarded as one of the most generous FF programmes around, and one of the easiest with which to maintain top tier status. The fact that BA makes it much harder is therefore more of a reflection of how good we had it before than it is of BA being especially stingy.
Old Dec 21, 12, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
While BA is perhaps less generous with tier points, it is significantly more generous with mileage earning if you're travelling discount economy (on BA, IB and AA, at least) - especially if you have Silver or Gold status. 200% mileage earning versus one of 25%/50%/100% with DC (and a 25% or 35% bonus) is quite nice.

Admittedly, you can't go as far with those miles as you could with DC (especially if we're talking long-haul business or first class travel), but I do like the cheap Reward Flight Saver redemptions.

With my current flying levels, I have no chance of achieving Gold or even Silver with BA, but I will enjoy the status while I have it!
Old Dec 21, 12, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
2011 was the first year I concentrated on BA and earning status.

Before bmi scrapped the GLA and AMS routes I had no trouble maintaining BD*G with a combination of BD and LX which was my preferred European *A carrier for connections.

When bmi scrapped GLA I knew that the highest I could reach was BD*S which was useless on LX and other *A so in 2011 I moved as much travel as possible to BA.

As I was living in London at the time BA served everywhere I needed to go direct so it made the logical choice. But even so it took a lot of effort to reach silver, a lot more than it did to reach gold with bmi.

2012 seen me reach gold on BA, but that's because my travel has increased significantly this year. A number of trips in Club World, a couple in First and nearly all european flights in Club Europe. If this travel had been on bmi/*A I would have easily gone over the 55k status miles threshold, but in my past I was just going over the regular gold threshold by a few thousand. When I was a regular bmi flyer I only ever flew shorthaul paid as well as a couple of redemptions on VS (enjoyed the clubhouse).

Last edited by layz; Dec 21, 12 at 5:31 am
Old Dec 28, 12, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
If you're just flying domestic or short haul then achieving status is hard going.

Most of the more leisure type status holders tend to go out of their way to get it......tier point running in the US on AA is a favourite activity and very productive.
Old Dec 28, 12, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
If you're just flying domestic or short haul then achieving status is hard going.

Most of the more leisure type status holders tend to go out of their way to get it......tier point running in the US on AA is a favourite activity and very productive.

No idea what you mean

cs

Search this Thread