Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Does DC deduct miles for status retention?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze

In my account statement an item called "Tier Retained - Silver, expiring on xx-Sep-2013" appears, along with a -15.101 miles deduction. Have DC really taken 15.101 miles out of my account to extend my (now meaningless) status? I'd be surprised if they had as I never consented to any such transaction. Any thoughts? Thanks, ps
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Has your miles balance actually decreased?

It appears to be a bug with the new website, effectively listing status miles (now effectively meaningless) when there's no destination miles.

The new website generally ignores status miles, but the backend is still the same system we always had so it'll still show the annual status reset.

So that transaction is your status miles getting reset at the end of your year and due to the display bug it looks like you've lost your miles.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Yes, you're right, the balance is unchanged. So what looks like a deduction isn't one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.