G-MIDT

Old Dec 9, 12, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
G-MIDT

I flew on an undisclosed route to LHR on that repainted bmi A320. When I got off the plane I smiled at the CA and said "nice plane you are flying today" and she smiled back saying "ain't it? Much nicer than theirs"

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Dec 10, 12 at 6:12 am
Old Dec 9, 12, 9:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Sounds like only the exterior has changed.
Old Dec 10, 12, 11:00 am

I flew it too on the DUB-LHR route. The divider curtain is still brown and even the crew commented on it . One was BA and one was former BMI. They were complaining about the difference in the galleys and ovens
Old Dec 10, 12, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Interiors have changed over and above the colour scheme, albeit subtly. BA have bunged a load of equipment above row 1 severely restricting hand baggage space!
Old Dec 12, 12, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold plus various other pleb level air and hotel programmes
Has anyone noticed the ex-whale jet with the bmi logos stripped from it and a white decal with the BA logo on it slapped towards the back of the fuselage, where the blue curves up towards the tail?

I donít have a massive issue with retaining the bmi interior on the ex-BD planes (especially as they were installed so recently ), but this half-cocked attempt at an interim brand outside the plane just looked pathetic.
Old Dec 12, 12, 7:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daftboy View Post
Has anyone noticed the ex-whale jet with the bmi logos stripped from it and a white decal with the BA logo on it slapped towards the back of the fuselage, where the blue curves up towards the tail?

I donít have a massive issue with retaining the bmi interior on the ex-BD planes (especially as they were installed so recently ), but this half-cocked attempt at an interim brand outside the plane just looked pathetic.
Like this one? Or is there another version?
Old Dec 12, 12, 12:11 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by daftboy View Post

G-MEDH, leaving the fleet in March.
Old Dec 13, 12, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold plus various other pleb level air and hotel programmes
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
G-MEDH, leaving the fleet in March.
That's exactly it, thanks BA6501 for satisfying my curiosity. A bit more understandable if the frame is only hanging around for a few more months. Still, a pretty shoddy branding exercise*.

* But then, if they didn't do such things, what on earth would we all have to talk about around here?!

Search this Thread