First class to economy downgrade

Old Dec 9, 12, 6:26 am
Original Poster

First class to economy downgrade

so I'm currentlly on hold to BA, as our first class flight from BKK to LHR is showing as economy on their system. They claim it has always been economy, despite the fact we have email confimation from BMI and under the BMI site it showed as first class.

Wondered if anyone else had this problem?
Old Dec 9, 12, 6:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Have a look on checkmytrip.com by inputting the booking code. That should show you where things are!
Old Dec 9, 12, 6:59 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by TonyBagnall View Post
so I'm currentlly on hold to BA, as our first class flight from BKK to LHR is showing as economy on their system. They claim it has always been economy, despite the fact we have email confimation from BMI and under the BMI site it showed as first class.

Wondered if anyone else had this problem?
Are you actually at the airport and been assigned an economy seat?

I've had flights in F show as Y before as I think certain systems interpret the 'O' booking code as Y not F.
Old Dec 9, 12, 7:24 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
O-cl is a discounted Economy booking class for Oneworld (BA, AA, etc) and for Star Alliance it's a First award booking class...

Just double check with BA, if flight segment is still booked in O class, then you're fine!
Old Dec 9, 12, 7:30 am
Original Poster

thanks for the replies, flight is end of january. They cannot resolve it today as the department is closed. It seems what has happened is that on the third occasion when they changed the time of the first leg of this flight the ticket was re-issued as economy rather than first. Hopefully they will resolve this tomorrow, will let you know.
Old Dec 9, 12, 8:44 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
I doubt there's a problem here. I did LHR-BKK on TG in F last week. O class was interpreted as F in checkmytrip, but Y in BA's 'manage my booking'. In the event, there was no issue, and I travelled in F without complication.

Why not call TG, for peace of mind?
Old Dec 9, 12, 8:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
our first class flight from BKK to LHR
You didn't actually say, it is TG, yes ?

If so, you can test whether you're really in F by logging onto the TG site to see if it will let you order the personal F meal.
Old Dec 9, 12, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post

If so, you can test whether you're really in F by logging onto the TG site to see if it will let you order the personal F meal.
Or just simply call TG up and ask them if what class you're booked in! Don't bother with BA.
Old Dec 9, 12, 11:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post

To book a meal you need to know Royal (TG host system) and not Amadeus (Res system) number. But checkmytrip.com would decode O on TG as First - so please verify with checkmytrip.com

EDIT - if you still have an original e-mail from BMI in your inbox, it would have both Ama and Royal numbers. So then yes - book lobster and you would know you are in TG F
Old Dec 9, 12, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

I've not flown much for two years, so not looked here, but god I love this forum, you guys really know your business. There are very few areas where you can get such expert advice so quickly!

On checkmytrip.com we are registered as first, so I'm thinking all is fine. So I'm also thinking there is no need to pursue this with BA, might phone TG to confirm. Does anyone know if they have cots in first class? Flying with our 10 month old baby (soz otherr first class flyers).

As an aside, I'm surprised a third party website can retrieve my booking info, and maybe less surprised that they can do it correctly but BA software has a bug.
Old Dec 9, 12, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It's not technically a third party site: checkmytrip is just a web front end to the Amadeus booking engine used.

As explained, the difference is most likely down to the difference in how O class is interpreted by the different alliances. BA's manage my booking isn't "bright" enough to realise the difference
Old Dec 9, 12, 1:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Does anyone know if they have cots in first class?
Think you'll be on the A340-600 then. TGs offical seatmap is here, with the red triangles showing the bassinet positions : none in F.

Someone asked this in the TG forum and it seems not; and I don't recall seeing anything either when I took this flight in F earlier in the year. Best contact Thai and ask.

I trust you've already planned sufficient time for your BKK F spa experience ?
Old Dec 9, 12, 2:27 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
Don't bother with TG, I've done TG F with lap infants. No bassinet positions on the 744 or the 346 in F, but the seats are plenty wide enough. The flight crew usually fall over themselves to help with infants too.

They are usually very helpful in the F lounge too. There is a big children's play area in the back end of the J lounge just where the F lounge starts which is also very handy, and there are private rooms in the F lounge if you need a quiet area.

CheckMyTrip will show you the TG booking code and you can use that to double check your booking on the TG website.
Old Dec 10, 12, 9:43 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
i flew F on TG only on 747 and they don t have any baby cots

but F is usually half empty to BKK so tehre should not be a problem

however F is always/usually fully booked by weird upgrades in BKK - so you might have some troubles but TG is isually very helpfull on board

Search this Thread