FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Warning: Diamond club ticketing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1414902-warning-diamond-club-ticketing.html)

Action Man Dec 7, 2012 5:45 am

Warning: Diamond club ticketing

I cannot share the specific details of the situation I experienced but will try to provide some important information here:

It has come to light that the Diamond Club ICC can now only revalidate or cancel (non-BA) tickets.

So for example, if a flight is cancelled and the new one misconnects they will not correct the booking or protect passengers. They will only revalidate a ticket if someone else changes it. This issue has now escalated to the legal department of BA in the UK. DC will not protect stranded passengers with revenue or reward inventory.

BA have told me that calls are starting to flood in and they are now concerned that Pune is in default of their contractual obligations.

If you find yourself in this situation, ring ICC first. If they refer you to the operating carrier, which they probably will, then don't bother. Ring BA Customer Relations. BA is now responsible for 236 inventory and for resolving the matter.

A sad end to a lovely airline which I began flying because of their excellent customer service...

FlyerTalker7654 Dec 7, 2012 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Action Man (Post 19812294)
I cannot share the specific details of the situation I experienced but will try to provide some important information here:

It has come to light that the Diamond Club ICC can now only revalidate or cancel (non-BA) tickets.

So for example, if a flight is cancelled and the new one misconnects they will not correct the booking or protect passengers. They will only revalidate a ticket if someone else changes it. This issue has now escalated to the legal department of BA in the UK. DC will not protect stranded passengers with revenue or reward inventory.

BA have told me that calls are starting to flood in and they are now concerned that Pune is in default of their contractual obligations.

If you find yourself in this situation, ring ICC first. If they refer you to the operating carrier, which they probably will, then don't bother. Ring BA Customer Relations. BA is now responsible for 236 inventory and for resolving the matter.

A sad end to a lovely airline which I began flying because of their excellent customer service...

Experience has shown that when in a situation, DC will direct you to BA, who in turn direct you back to DC. I really do feel for the people left in a situation or who may be stranded.

Tiger_lily Dec 7, 2012 6:53 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan (Post 19812389)
Experience has shown that when in a situation, DC will direct you to BA, who in turn direct you back to DC. I really do feel for the people left in a situation or who may be stranded.

And worse those who do not know about FT and have no knowledge of where to turn

TPJ Dec 7, 2012 7:05 am

Not good... If needed BA should re-issue the ticket to BA 125 stock or offer protection on BA/oneWorld carriers...

Action Man Dec 7, 2012 9:16 am

There are a lot of things BA should be doing that have not been happening. I suspect this is why it has escalated to head office.

holtju2 Dec 7, 2012 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Action Man (Post 19812294)

How Pune would be in default of their contractual obligations? BA pays for them to handle the BMI tickets. The Pune does no longer have access to Star Alliance award inventory. I am sure that they would be willing to book for paid fare classes if BA would be footing the bill.

UncleDude Dec 7, 2012 11:12 pm

Folks please remember BA did not Buy BMI.. IAG purchased BMI and it then became an IAG Subsidiary, and therefore there is no legal obligation for BA also an IAG Subsidiary to do anything in respect of DC awards not on BA. Hence all the current turmoil.

ozon78 Dec 8, 2012 4:15 am

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 19817242)
Folks please remember BA did not Buy BMI.. IAG purchased BMI and it then became an IAG Subsidiary, and therefore there is no legal obligation for BA also an IAG Subsidiary to do anything in respect of DC awards not on BA. Hence all the current turmoil.

As I am now in the middle of a court case with BA related to DC (unable to reveal more at this stage), the papers from the BA's legal department state that the Diamond Club has now been incorporated into BA's frequent flyer programme - the Executive Club....

EsherFlyer Dec 8, 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by ozon78 (Post 19817802)
As I am now in the middle of a court case with BA related to DC (unable to reveal more at this stage), the papers from the BA's legal department state that the Diamond Club has now been incorporated into BA's frequent flyer programme - the Executive Club....

Not sure what point you're aiming to make, but AIUI DC waw a separate entity from bmi, so they can go different directions with neither now being a part of BA.

FlyerTalker7654 Dec 8, 2012 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 19812542)
And worse those who do not know about FT and have no knowledge of where to turn

Very true!!

Interesting that a couple of people have taken or are taking BA to court over DC:confused:

FlyerTalker7654 Dec 8, 2012 5:56 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer (Post 19817948)
Not sure what point you're aiming to make, but AIUI DC waw a separate entity from bmi, so they can go different directions with neither now being a part of BA.

But if ozon78 has had documents stating DC is now part of Executive club then it must be no?

NickB Dec 8, 2012 5:56 am

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 19817242)

Given that BA has, at least de facto, taken over BD and DC, I would seem to be rather imprudent to assume a priori that the veil of corporate personality is going to be effective to shield BA from liability.

HIDDY Dec 8, 2012 6:55 am

No big surprise to be honest.

DC used to cock-up quite a few redemptions before bmi went tits up so they themselves didn't exactly have a great track record in this area.
I never booked any last minute redemptions for months in the future for the very reasons we are seeing now.....there was too much risk attached.

I'm sure if BAEC/IAG/BA/Whoever are legally obliged to sort the mess out then they will....if not then it was a gamble you took that for some hasn't paid off.

ozon78 Dec 8, 2012 7:05 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer (Post 19817948)

Not trying to make a point just stating: that in the legal papers produced by the BA and associated with my case there is a clear statement that DC has now been incorporated into EC. In my DC-related dispute BA is now the Defendant.

ozon78 Dec 8, 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by ozon78 (Post 19818184)
Not trying to make a point just stating: that in the legal papers produced by the BA and associated with my case there is a clear statement that DC has now been incorporated into EC. In my DC-related dispute BA is now the Defendant.

Apologies: BMI is the Defendant but there is a statement that BMI is a wholly owned subsidiary of BA plc.