Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else slightly surprised that BA has not tried to adopt our *A award flights

Is anyone else slightly surprised that BA has not tried to adopt our *A award flights

Old Nov 28, 12, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-S; HH-D
Question Is anyone else slightly surprised that BA has not tried to adopt our *A award flights

I had honestly thought there was a fair chance that I would receive a call from BA about taking some of my post-DC *Alliance award bookings on BA metal.

Presumably BA have taken on the cost of us DC members taking these flights and had (as far as possible) accounted for this cost... but I had suspected that it would have saved some sheckles for BA to route us onto similar BA flights, where possible, when they had empty seats/or awards seats left.

Of course, nobody would have expected this for bookings close to the takeover date, but for travel Oct 2012-April 2013, surely this would have been feasible, maybe even desirable??

They must have had their reasons...
Old Nov 28, 12, 4:55 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I'm not surprised at all. The amount of manpower it would take to check each booking, contact the passenger, and attempt to rebook on BA would likely cancel out most if not all of the advantage.
Old Nov 29, 12, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Remember that the ticketing airline keeps the fuel surcharge IIRC. So BA is already banking the fuel surcharge without having to sacrifice a seat.

Search this Thread