FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Help! Avios from Diamond Club expiring on landing in BA.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1410987-help-avios-diamond-club-expiring-landing-ba-com.html)

scozer99 Nov 26, 2012 4:30 am

Help! Avios from Diamond Club expiring on landing in BA.com

Not sure if Diamond Club lurker can help on this, I just spent 20 minutes on the phone to BA Exec club which I think has probably confirmed all my future travel will as far as possible be on Easyjet and Virgin Atlantic.

I had an old BA Exec account which had zero activity for 3 or 4 years. I transferred my 5000 diamond club miles (only the unused residue) into Avios and they expired immediatley and will only be reactivated if I buy some Avios or take a BA flight or whatever.

This is clearly insane but the woman on the phone insisted it was fair...........

EsherFlyer Nov 26, 2012 4:47 am

That already happened to some but should have been fixed I think.

Search this forum for 'Avios Expiring' or similar and I think you'll find that a PM to Nicci should help.

dossan Dec 21, 2012 4:00 am

Hi - did you find any more on this?
I've a similar same situation - I did my tier match, but because the membership years were not in sync I lost tier points on BA within month or so.

HIDDY Dec 21, 2012 6:40 am

Originally Posted by scozer99 (Post 19745998)

This is clearly insane but the woman on the phone insisted it was fair...........

The account was dead as a dodo........you should have opened a new one before transferring.
In your defence the transfer process shouldn't have allowed you to do this in the first place. You will get them back though if you follow the procedure that fellow sufferers have done.

Firewind Dec 21, 2012 10:26 pm

When I began the process, I discovered I had an old, pre-Executive Club account. Logging in with my email address, I'd get, "Welcome back to ba.com, Firewind". My name and "Log out" were in the top right, and they didn't have any current itineraries. I was given the opportunity to convert to Executive Club, but when I tried across the last two days, kept getting a red box banner at the top saying that the system was experiencing problems, and to try again later. Basically couldn't do a thing with it. But they knew it was I.

Looks here like I did the far better thing by opening a new Executive Club account, and transferring to it. But "it wasn't for lack of trying," after a fashion...

I only bring this (part of my) experience here in case someone else runs into the same problem, and things get crowded and anxious in this final week. Oh, and Executive Club telephone customer service couldn't get past the red box, either.

Short version: Start over at the beginning, and worry about combining two BA accounts later, if at all.

bddane Jan 8, 2013 1:35 am

Help! I just lost 80K Avios due to this!

Hope somebody can help - I was about to use my more than 80K Avios (originally Diamond Club miles) which were transferred late last year. They now expired although they were just transferred a couple of months ago.

Is there any way they can be "revived"? I can't find anything on the forum.

Pretty devastating :-( Any help very welcome!

Firewind Jan 8, 2013 4:02 am

As one who is now on high alert about this, where do we find our points expiry on the Avios website? I'm not asking about the rule. I see the following in the About Avios points (rule) window:

Your Avios will expire if your account goes 36 months without activity.
Is there a place in the website, or do we need to call?

I've been hoping to use the Avios on QANTAS between Oz cities and between Oz and New Zealand. But if I'm nearing the brink, I'll use them on AA for domestic trips in the US.

Thank you. :)

HIDDY Jan 8, 2013 5:15 am

Originally Posted by bddane (Post 19999971)
Hope somebody can help - I was about to use my more than 80K Avios (originally Diamond Club miles) which were transferred late last year. They now expired although they were just transferred a couple of months ago.

Is there any way they can be "revived"? I can't find anything on the forum.

Pretty devastating :-( Any help very welcome!

That seems odd....how long have you had your BAEC account?

Log-in and look at "My statement" to see what your last transaction says. It could be that your account is under audit hence the removal of your Avios. If this is the case there is nothing you can do about it until the investigation is over.

Globalist Jan 8, 2013 5:57 pm

It would all have been avoided if someone thought of making "transferring miles to Avios" an activity and thus making them valid for 3 years.

Hindsight.. For now PM Nicci and she can help. I had something similar 3 years ago when I had a status match and as a reward 2 weeks later all my miles expired. I had flights booked shortly after and she was kind enough to re-instate them.

Globalist

holtju2 Jan 8, 2013 7:31 pm

OP needs to contact BA. I had this very same thing happening to me. I hadn't been collecting Avios, although I had account. After I made the first transfer, the miles were then expired the following day.

misternibbs Feb 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Diamond Club Points disappear

evening all,

new on here...

I had a similar issue. Transferred my diamond club points (around 20k) to baec and they expired the next day.

Awaiting second response from BA as they initially declined to reimburse the points.

I am desperate for them to be re-added as I have enough for my wife and daughter to go on the eurostar to disneyland paris.

Any other advice to help?

TIA

Tiger_lily Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

PM BA Executive Club and explain the situation