Future of the forum

Old Nov 10, 12, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Future of the forum

It's getting a bit quiet around here .

Is there a formal FT process for when the forum would be brought to an end, and what would be done to it?
Old Nov 10, 12, 1:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post

Is there a formal FT process for when the forum would be brought to an end, and what would be done to it?
There is but we haven't reached the end of the line just yet. While outstanding issues are still being resolved the forum will continue.

After that discontinued programmes get their own place in FT heaven
Old Nov 10, 12, 2:56 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 13 at 10:35 am
Old Nov 10, 12, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by sparkythehamster View Post
Presumably a new forum could be brought into play if/when BMI Regional ever actually get round to launching their own FF programme (about which there has been some talk but no apparent action - which for an alleged 'business airline' is somewhat perplexing )

But surely as the new BMIr is such a small airline it would end up in the other European airlines forum ?

Not even airlines the size of EI and flymaybe have a separate forum

cs
Old Nov 10, 12, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
But surely as the new BMIr is such a small airline it would end up in the other European airlines forum ?

Not even airlines the size of EI and flymaybe have a separate forum

cs
IMO, this would be very. very silly to migrate DC to Other European: you would have to merge all the threads in the Other European forum only to have to retrieve them a little later to put into the FFP graveyard section. Better to leave it as it is until the DC funeral, after which it can be moved to the former FFPs section as one, still in one piece, corpse.
Old Nov 10, 12, 4:21 am

I think when the end of the line comes which is quite close then it will be time to close it.

BMI Regional will not warrant a seperate thread as its size and FF membership will be a hell of a lot smaller compared to BMI. ( unless they join Star and start doing M+C and 20K to get Gold )

I guess all good things comes to an end but for me BMI is dead and I am spending more time focused on my new programs now.
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
A lot of us have award travel that we booked for up to nearly a year out at the last minute when BMI was leaving *A. It would be a shame to close down the forum prematurely when lots of these trips haven't been taken, and almost certainly there will be some who haven't been following the forum much but will suddenly have questions about BMI in relation to these trips they've already booked. If it doesn't hurt anything, just leave it alone until the date comes when all such travel would have been completed.
Old Nov 10, 12, 5:56 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
IMO, this would be very. very silly to migrate DC to Other European: you would have to merge all the threads in the Other European forum only to have to retrieve them a little later to put into the FFP graveyard section. Better to leave it as it is until the DC funeral, after which it can be moved to the former FFPs section as one, still in one piece, corpse.
+ 1
Old Nov 10, 12, 6:21 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sparkythehamster
... if/when BMI Regional ever actually get round to launching their own FF programme...
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Originally Posted by NickB
IMO, this would be very. very silly to migrate DC to Other European...
I don't think anyone is talking about moving DC to Other European. The question is whether any new, distinct BMI Regional FFP would best be allowed its own forum or subsumed under Other European. That's all.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 10, 12, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henry999 View Post
I don't think anyone is talking about moving DC to Other European. The question is whether any new, distinct BMI Regional FFP would best be allowed its own forum or subsumed under Other European. That's all.

cheers,

Henry
You are quite correct. cornishsimon's post and yours make very sensible points and I was clearly guilty of over-hasty reading.

So, to sum up, it seems to me that we are in agreement: it would be sensible for this forum to remain here as long as there are DC issues to deal with and it should move in due course to the discontinued FFP section. The new regional FF programme, if it ever sees the light of day, should eventually find its home in Other European FFPs.
Old Nov 10, 12, 7:34 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I think we have a long way to go. Let's not bury the patient, just yet.

DC(dotorg) is not dead; we have 10 months of redemption left to play out; BA has either a spectacular u-turn to complete on refunds, or a good deal of egg and ASA to scrape of itself - and that's gotta be worth watching;

bmiR is doing some rather interesting things in the background with its FFP and there's a raft of codeshares being finalised right now - which will give us some interesting ideas about the airline's direction to speculate about. And to my mind, that airline's home, is right here - let's face it, they own the rights to the bmi brand. Grab some popcorn and sit back; we're not done here just yet.
Old Nov 10, 12, 7:56 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 13 at 10:34 am
Old Nov 10, 12, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
I think we have a long way to go. Let's not bury the patient, just yet.

DC(dotorg) is not dead; we have 10 months of redemption left to play out; BA has either a spectacular u-turn to complete on refunds, or a good deal of egg and ASA to scrape of itself - and that's gotta be worth watching;
indeed.

bmiR is doing some rather interesting things in the background with its FFP and there's a raft of codeshares being finalised right now - which will give us some interesting ideas about the airline's direction to speculate about. And to my mind, that airline's home, is right here - let's face it, they own the rights to the bmi brand. Grab some popcorn and sit back; we're not done here just yet.
So the rumours are true: bmiR's FFP will be the Diamante club; they will enter into an extensive codeshare agrement with OM on services to/from Gengis Khan Intl and will offer redemption opportunities on IO between UUD and UUS, thereby keeping the tradition of the Yuzhno shuffle alive? Yippee...
Old Nov 10, 12, 9:45 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG/OWE, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
either a spectacular u-turn to complete on refunds, or a good deal of egg and ASA to scrape of itself - and that's gotta be worth watching;
Quite agree!

NickB...not sure about shuffle, but there was also HTA too! What turned out to be an interesting entry point into the edge of Siberia...even if one's clothes did get left behind! A shame the lounge in UUD got "enhanced".
Old Nov 11, 12, 3:18 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC,LifeMiles
Originally Posted by A_Lee View Post
A lot of us have award travel that we booked for up to nearly a year out at the last minute when BMI was leaving *A. It would be a shame to close down the forum prematurely when lots of these trips haven't been taken, and almost certainly there will be some who haven't been following the forum much but will suddenly have questions about BMI in relation to these trips they've already booked. If it doesn't hurt anything, just leave it alone until the date comes when all such travel would have been completed.

Search this Thread