FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   The FINAL bmi FT Christmas Drinks 'do' - MANCHESTER - Thu 20 Dec 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1404235-final-bmi-ft-christmas-drinks-do-manchester-thu-20-dec-2012-a.html)

RAPC Oct 4, 2012 5:01 pm

The FINAL bmi FT Christmas Drinks 'do' - MANCHESTER - Thu 20 Dec 2012

Well in true democratic fashion, the poll results are in and Thursday 20th December appears to be the date of choice. This means that it will be the last of Xmas dos, so hopefully some of you will be sober enough (initially) to attend.

Getting a venue where we could guarantee some seating and the option for food as well as drink, but without paying a deposit on one of the main Christmas party nights was proving to be a bit of a challenge. I have managed to get a venue that does exactly that though, so we shall meeting up at Dukes 92, which is a very pleasant bar and restaurant by the canal in the Castlefield part of Manchester.

The venue is a couple of minutes walk from Deansgate railway station, Deansgate Castlefield Metrolink station and the Hilton hotel at the bottom of Deansgate. If anyone needs directions from other parts of the city centre, then just let me know.

We have a table area tucked away in a corner reserved from 6:30pm for us. We can get drink as well as food from their bar menu for those who are peckish. If people want to move on elsewhere later in the evening, then we can do that if people wish.

Can people please confirm if they can attend, or if they are possibilities so we can start to get an idea on numbers? Hopefully we will be able to have delightfully sophisted northern evening. ;) It is the last bmi FT Christmas do of the 3 set-up, so a good chance to saw farewell and raise a toast to old friends, cheese toasties, Donnington Hall and the ICC. Sadly Dennis won't be in attendance...

GoldCircle Oct 6, 2012 5:37 am

The FINAL bmi FT 'do' - MANCHESTER (Date TBC)

As soon as we have a date result for the London Do, to avoid duplication, RAPC will then announce details of the best FT Do ever organised.

Honest, it will have loads of free stuff. And lots of tickets and upgrade vouchers. Perhaps even nudity. And it will be alcohol fuelled.

I'll unlock the thread when there's a date and he can dig himself out of the hole I've just dug him. :D

GC

GoldCircle Oct 20, 2012 8:54 am

Ok, let the horse trading begin. :D

jms_uk Oct 20, 2012 10:13 am

So, where and when?

RAPC Oct 20, 2012 11:06 am

Been waiting for the London do to be confirmed, so now we've got that date we can plan away.

What's the preference then for Manchester? During the week, Friday or Saturday night?

surturminn Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 19532381)
Been waiting for the London do to be confirmed, so now we've got that date we can plan away.

What's the preference then for Manchester? During the week, Friday or Saturday night?

During the week best for me.....

jms_uk Oct 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 19532381)

Saturday night, or Friday night ; for me.

NewbieRunner Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 19532671)
Saturday night, or Friday night ; for me.

+1

But is it safe for me to attend? :D
Not the weekend of 29 Nov-1 Dec please since I'll be fraternising with LH crowd in MUC. ;)

MAN Pax Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

8-14th is out for me. Also may have another week's work either side of that date.

RAPC Oct 25, 2012 5:31 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 19533335)

Definitely safe and positively encouraged ^ :D

NewbieRunner Oct 25, 2012 5:48 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 19562040)
Definitely safe and positively encouraged ^ :D

I was worried after reading GC's revised post #2. :D

GoldCircle Oct 25, 2012 8:30 am

I have added a multiple-selection poll to the top of this thread for you to indicate all the dates that you can make.

It will also allow RAPC to organise the prizes for the draw, put down a deposit for the chorus line and prepare the intravenous drips (for the WKD). :D

NewbieRunner Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 19562808)
I have added a multiple-selection poll to the top of this thread for you to indicate all the dates that you can make.

How can you include Friday 14th December when all self-respecting regulars (and non-regulars) are expected to be in Dublin? ;)

GoldCircle Oct 25, 2012 10:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 19562882)
How can you include Friday 14th December when all self-respecting regulars (and non-regulars) are expected to be in Dublin? ;)

Let's hope there's no hanging chad, so. :D

YorkieFlyer Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 19533335)
+1

Not the weekend of 29 Nov-1 Dec please since I'll be fraternising with LH crowd in MUC. ;)

I thought the question about the safety card in the back of the pocket was a reference to the obvious affinity to our LH cousins once removed, so to speak:o

So for wholly unconnected reasons, I could make the 29th or 30th Nov:)